Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowered vk

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
my vk has red springs think there pedders maybe and guess it 2 inches lower than standed anyway ive noticed that when i jack it up the rear springs fall out.
Can i get shorter rear shockies?

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
Yes you can get shorter shockies. I have Koni sport adjustables, not cheap but good. I would think Pedders would have something as well.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
if ti hasnt already got one chuck in the adjustable panard bar aswell.

Or, you can cabletie the springs in and put the panhard bar in a vice and bend it :p

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
dont go to low cause even with adjustable strut tops it will chew your front tyres out pretty quick. i had my old vc dumped right down to 80mm lowest point and front tyres only lasted 15000k before they had wire hangin out the inside edge.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
adjustable panard rods whats 1 of them gunna cost? any chance of a picture of 1? has any 1 shorted a pan hard how would i work out the exact length if i was going to cut a bit off 1?
12738049092894_bogindunger.gif

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
150 for the rod including neolathane bushes

cutting it and welding it will work too. lower the car to the height you want, rock it around so the springs settle down to where they would be day to day, then measure the space btween the rim and the wheelarch on both sides, and cut off the middle measurement, so if the pass side has 0mm and the drivers die has 50mm the you need to shorten the panhard by 25mm but not only do adjustables have adjustment, they also are bent around where you exhaust goes. and trust me... the exhaust hitting the panhard is the most annoying sound you will ever hear.

also monroe gas lowering shocks are the cheapest i have found so far 80 bucks for a pair.

edit* WTF is that guy doing in the pic you posted????

sed8

commodore nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute @ vk calais
buy an adjustable there easier and if you search ebay you'll be able to get one for under the 100 mark

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
150 for the rod including neolathane bushes

they also are bent around where you exhaust goes. and trust me... the exhaust hitting the panhard is the most annoying sound you will ever hear.

Would be annoying, but not as annoying as when the rubber mounts break off and when ever corner left every side of the uni taps the exhaust. :p