Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered vs exhaust

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Hey guys, I have been frequenting this forum for a few years now. I have lowered my vs at the beginning of the year and it was good when I did it. Now I want lower but my exhaust would need to be remade. I have searched and searched but can't find anything helpful. What I'm after is photos of peoples exhaust system under the car on really low vs commodores. How they have been done. Just to give me an idea.

Thanks in advance.

smoknvr:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
mate id go to an exhaust shop and tell them exactly what your after,be the best way to go about it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pictures of exhausts under VS's that have been lowered really low will show an exhaust that is scratched and dented to the **** house. Having the exhaust made as high as possible will result in a very hot floor.

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
I'm not too worried about scratched and dented. I don't really want to take it to an exhaust shop and pay $2,000 for a full stainless system when I can fabricate it myself as I'm a metal worker. Have fabricated many different things for the car/s. Wanted to go over my gearbox cross member and have it all heat shielded with copper between the exhaust and body. Mainly because I have literally 600 kilos of copper laying around.

Rendogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore spac 5spd manual ecotec
Yeah I was looking for the same Thing for my vs I've tucked the cat back just want to do the front half

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Heat sheilding with copper? Do you know how well copper conducts heat? You will need at least 50mm between the exhaust and the shield for it to be effective anyway and there isn't enough room above the cross member for that.

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Yeah it's either that or some 4-6mm ally. But I'm not too worried about the heat as the drive tunnel already gets warm. Pretty sure I have already measured it all up and there was just enough room for it. Well where I was looking anyway.

Sent from my HTC one using Tapatalk 2

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Humm, whats the go with linking to the "other" Commodore site, is it considered a no-no? Reason I ask is I asked a pretty similar question over there and there are quite a few pictures people have posted. If its OK I will link it, otherwise maybe google it.