Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered VY II SS

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Hey guy's, below is my VY II SS nugget.

There seems to be so many threads about what to get and what looks good etc so I thought I may post mine so there aren't a million and two threads about lowering.

I ended up getting Lovell Springs only with the stock FE2 shocks, HRL61SL (Superlow) in the rear (which are a touch heavier duty than the normal ones in the catalogue so it doesn't chuck a spastic when theres weight in the back), and got HFL70XSL (Ultralow) in the front.

The guy said he could do the catalogue reccommended springs but said it wouldn't sit even. So he reccomended the slightly lower ones in the front which now makes it look perfect. Theres nothing worse in my opinion than something that is low at the back and flying high at the front, which is what appeared to happen in every King Springs car I have had.

Didn't want something that was going to scrape everywhere and look slammed, just a nice clean streetable look.

Very nice ride too, not too harsh and no scrubbing.:yeah:

Got the wheel alignment done after a week or so of settling in, and I don't need a camber kit with this setup, as there is enough toe / camber adjustments in the factory setups.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
What sort of clearance did you end up with? In millimetres? From 1. mechanical parts (e.g. exhaust is usually lowest) and 2. bodykit?

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
From middle of wheel to guard:

............BEFORE.....AFTER
FRONT....355mm......330mm
REAR......355mm......325mm

My lowest point now is my ballistic cats, but it's too wet to go measure them :yeah:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
OK, so you dropped 25-30 mm. I can think about how low that would be LOL. Have fun with speed humps. I have fun along speed humps and i've just got stock suspension (FE2 kit) and i scrape even on pavement going onto grass in point cook air force base! And i scrape on many speed humps. Not fun. Yours looks cool though, just hope you dont have to access places that i have to, otherwise you could say bye to your cats and bodywork.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Only place I have scraped is on my driveway, but thats all sorted now.

I did scrape once on a speedhump that will be a regular for me, but as long as I drive slow, it doesnt scrape.

FE2 is quite low standard, so it's expected it's a little bit more inconvenient with these new springs. All in all it's worth the $$ and the minor inconvenience for the looks and better handling.

I have had cars with issues before, so it's nice to have one thats driveable.

horbury vy s

HORBURY VY S pac
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pac
mines the same looks tough ride is a bit rough replaced front bar due to concrete stops in car park ( ripped it off ) now ive got 20s on it no more scrapes! loving it