Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering an 06 VZ SS ute

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Hey Guys!

I'm new to just commodores and I must say what a great read!

I'm picking up my new 2006 ss ute next week and I'm trying to find some info on getting it lowered.

Have read most of the threads on this forum and haven't been able to find the info I'm after.

I was told by the Holden dealer that the VZ ute comes standard with a camber kit! Just spoke to pedders and they rekon that they don't, but "when lowering the ute due to factory tolerances some need the camber kit installed and some don't" What the??

Who do I beleive here? I don't want to get ripped off by being told they have to put one in when it's already got one!

Pedders quoted $684 for lowering (Flat with gaurds at the top of the wheels, not sure what springs) and "If needed" camber kit $330.

Am I being taken for a ride? What should I expect to pay?

Cheers guys!

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Yeah I'm hearing you!!

Another thing the guy mentioned to me was that he was glad they're not in them cos they're a great little money earner!

I'm in Nth Melbourne, not really to sure who else does it in my area.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
just for springs fitted shouldnt be more then $400

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
$400, sounds pretty good to me.

Any recommendations on a place in melbourne?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yes.. Pedders charge $175 for fitting springs, most mechanics charge $180..

I'm getting it done by wreckers who do mechanical work for $100.. Offer cash prices to small places.. Commodore Spares in Clayton..

I bought my springs for $245.. Autobarn charge like $300 for just springs.. Guy in Narre Warren sells em..

Where abouts are ya in Melb?

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
In Nth Melbourne area.

I think I would feel a bit weird taking a brand new car to the wreckers! hehe.

I want to get the wheel alignment done and also get a certificate for the insurance. Do the guys at commodore spares supply both?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Super lows will likely require a camber kit... ordinary lows probably won't be much different to the FE2 in there already so I wouldn't bother much..

My understanding is that camber should be corrected if you are changing by more than 1".. FE2->Super Lows is around an inch, maybe a touch more, so you could probably get away without it.. but if you are running 17's the camber kit will pay itself off over time.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
a few people on here have use thuper lowth and got away without a camber kit. check the thread started by me call 'questions on lowering' or something like that, it may provide some answers :thumsbup: