Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering A Vl Commodore

macdee

your local "Hoon"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
yeah ive got superlow king springs in mine! i chopped the rears so it sits that little bit lower :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
5 years later she's probably sagged as much as it can go.

I'm about to spend a bit over 2k on my setup. Basically just going normal lowered shocks in the back, superlow springs, adj panhard rod, stock sway bar in the rear, new bushes all round. adj shocks for the front, superlow springs, upgraded sway bar for the front.

thats about it.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Thats what i've done, minus the beefy swaybar. Grip is certainly on tap. The panhard rod is a MUST for any lowering job, otherwise the car will crab. Always always always factor it in.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah panhard will be done first. I think I'm going to have to leave the Sway bars and complete bush upgrade til last. I can't hit it all in one chunk just yet because I've got my paint bill coming. Along with a complete engine rebuild, turbo gear and interior gear, and a gearbox.. Yikes

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeh the suspension bushes are almost the most expensive part to replace.......i got a full nolathane kit....strut hats,sway bars rubbers,stabilizer bar rubbers,panhard rod rubbers,trailing arms rubbers, and a few others........$640 later

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I don't want all nolathane, in fact I want mostly rubber with only a few selected nolathanes. Well at least thats what I'm contemplating for now.

How do you find it with all nolathanes?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Alright, well I think I'll order the adj fronts and rears and springs and do those myself. Then get the suspension joint to tidy it all up with doing the adjusting and bushes and sway bars when I get it on the road.

It's bloody shocking trying to organise a car to get rwc.

Actually, screw it. I'm going to get paint done before suspension.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
yeh its up to you....it does make a difference but its nothing too major.... but it sure made my back end stay alot straighter/stiffer when turning

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
ummmm

everyone seems to talk bout struts, springs, shockers,bushes etc...
yet no1 talks about camber kits?

EVERY suspension place i've been to has insisted on camber kits when lowering... why is that? i dnt give a **** coz my tyres cost me stuff all n i dnt do a lot of driving. also a mate who installed a camber kit on his front-end told me it ruined his over-all steering when driving..

any thoughts?