Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering a vl

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
hey guys,

im looking to lower my vl, nothing to crazy just SL all round as im currently running fr20 but im not sure what sort of shocks i should be running as i still want the smoothest ride possible as its just a weekend car.

Any recommendations on what shocks to get ? and do i have to get shortened shocks for the rear ?

thanks

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Pedders comfort work well or even gas replacement shocks.

You'll need to buy shorter travel shocks to match springs if you want suspension to do what it's suppose to although with low profile tyres/rims you still giving up some ride comfort.

Most think shorter travel shocks only purpose is to stop springs falling out :D

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
No point going crazy on shocks $100-200 gas short travel shocks will do the job...20's with a silly tyre size means it's only good for cruising or skids.

Especially if you need to go aftermarket front coilovers with metal strut tops just to fit front wheels.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
No point going crazy on shocks $100-200 gas short travel shocks will do the job...20's with a silly tyre size means it's only good for cruising or skids.

Especially if you need to go aftermarket front coilovers with metal strut tops just to fit front wheels.

I personally like them cause of the adjustability and fine tuning it to my liking as Melb roads can he horse.

I'm tossing upebetwen the koni shocks or the monroe gt sport for the vl

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Vaguely remember red koni you take them off to adjust...dudes with Brocks loved bragging about them back in the day.

Don't forget adjustable panhard.