Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a VN

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
OP, there are a million threads on this already. Do a ****ing search.

My reply to the last guy who asked: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1158952-post20.html

also, I'm not sure what you are trying to acheive from seeing side-on pics. The panhard changes nothing from the side. The rear axle itself slides to the left if you lower it on the stock panhard. The lower you go, the further it translates.

the reason why i wanted to see the height was to see how low i could go without using an adjustable pan hard rod!!!!! :hit:

thanks anyway

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
lol sorry, you caught me in a bad mood :p

I'm not usually that bitchy, and usually more helpful

How low you can go on stock panhard depends on the wheels and whether your guards are rolled.
Example on my old VR:
19s with dish, stock panhard, lovells lows: rubbed like a bitch
17in VY SS rims, stock panhard, lovells lows: no rub at all

Try and see how you go :)

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
haha no worries man... as you can see im new at this... ( joined last week ) so i didnt know i can search it...

umm yes my guards are rolled at the rear, and im rolling on 15X7 interceptors with Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin's 225/60/R15 all round.....

idd like to go lowest legal witch would make the guard go half way down the tyre... i've had the exhaust tucked up very neatly so plenty of room..

heres a pic.... i dont want it dumped just a nice height..

Attachments

• Low VN.JPG
    Low VN.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 291

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
common guys.. anything?...at all?

toyvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s1 manual
It depends on the wheels if your worried about scrubbing. The guards are rolled so you should be fine because usually they will only scrub by about 2mm...my vn was lowered 3 inches on the back and I didn't use a rod...didn't make a difference to me

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
lol man, that's pretty dumped :) And I doubt very much that it'll be 100% legal that low. You're reducing suspension travel by a LOT more than 30%. That's like, chopping bump stops for ride comfort low. = illegal. I've been there. It isn't fun.

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
im running on 225/60/15 and they are fat as and raise the car heaps.... i have currently got Pedders Sports Ryder's in there with comfort shocks..and the currently sit directly on top of the Tyre... they are only 1 inch lower than stock.. Im looking at Pedders Touring Springs and they sit perfect.. halfway down the tyre and are about 2 inches lower than stock.... the pic i showed you is only a 215.....

it will sit legal.. if it don't... out they come.. i don't want trouble....

anything else guy?

VN Lukey

BT1, the way to go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN S1
It depends on the wheels if your worried about scrubbing. The guards are rolled so you should be fine because usually they will only scrub by about 2mm...my vn was lowered 3 inches on the back and I didn't use a rod...didn't make a difference to me

what wheels did u have on when it was lowered... people say it depends on the wheels you have. some rub and others dont...