Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering before wheels?

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Good point about the hub caps, if u have hub caps.... remove them!
THEN lower it n then get rims! lol
Jst drive around on stockies gives it that "In-progress" look... :p

Strongly agree! Loose the hubcraps!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Lower first, nuffin worse than a car with nice rims sitting like a monster truck...
Makes me laugh when i see then caus i know the guy driving it is stupid...
You don't want the rims to attract attention to the fact your car is a truck, you want them to attract attention to the fact your car is sittin low and looking sexy...! :D

hahaha mine looks like a truck and im only on 17s i hate it but im gettin the rest of the kit next week so i can finally put it all on and then workin out how far 2 lower the car from there. im only doin that as wen i put the front bar on as a test fitment it looks pretty low 2 the ground as it is and shouldnt need lowering 2 much... i hope

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
on another note..

in terms of lowering the car or putting the rims on at the same time.. If you do them separately, wont you be up for sets of alignments?

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
on another note..

in terms of lowering the car or putting the rims on at the same time.. If you do them separately, wont you be up for sets of alignments?

Alignment is mandatory after lowering, but for wheels it isn't, however usually when you get new rims you'll get an alignment for free as well.

If you've had a recent alignment (say with the lowering) you shouldn't need an alignment when you get new wheels.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
personally if you cant do both at the same time i would go rims then lower it.
helps decide how low you want to go as well.

a good suspension setup is more than just throwing a lowered set of springs and a camber kit...
my VXII R8 is still factory height with 18s but i am saving up for Tein adjustable all around (plus some go fast bits first...LOL)

deceptikon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec s1
Thanks for all the feeback ppls =)yer ill prolly buy the wheels first,ill see how i go, i wont be just getting springs deano ill be replacing the factory shocks as well as a Irs kit for the rear wheels. but i have been looking around will prooly have to opt for 17's as i wont be able to afford 18's.

vtdavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive s1 5spd
go the lowering kit man....lol

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh mate definately lower first look at mine before lowering looked like a truck hey, looks rediculous this was how i bought it, i lowered it a short time later

real high.JPG

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
just got my car lowered i only went super lows, went to get them fitted as i couldnt be assed doing it myself and they tried to sting me 275 even though i had supplied the springs, my mate had the same thing done the week before and it cost him 90! so i had a quiet word and eventually got him down to 100 bucks and 50 for an alignment. always pays to bargain them down

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
got ne pics younglion?? how much did u get ur superlows 4 and where from?