Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering before wheels?

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
i got em from a mate that works at coventrys for 210. i will post some pics wen i find my digi

AG Canberra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina Wagon
On the topic of lowering and 18's there's a bloke that I was next to at the lights a few weeks ago in a VT wagon - and it looked like an Adventra - it was that high!

Then something very cool happened - he hit the air bag switches and it was dumped....totally dumped. Back right, back left then front right and front left. Once we drove off it seemd to rise up slightly so the exhaust wasn't dragging on the ground but the height was perfect.

Any one know how much this sort of set up would cost?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeh bags are awesome i;d love some for my wagon but i was told theyre not the best to drive with, anyone here got bags? whats ride feel like? bodyroll?

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
lower it first for sure... unless of course you know 100% that the new wheels won't scrub when you lower it. It would be a shame, and expensive, to set up the new rims and then have to change when it's lowered!