Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering car

Mullerman22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Hey I'm looking at lowering my vx berlina wagon, and I'm unsure of where to purchase from. I am thinking of buying king spring low front and superlow rear with the reccomended monroe shocks, but I am also thinking about saving money by just buying from dea performance, or are they crap, they're a lot cheaper.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Kings are **** and even worse on Monroe. Lovells are a really decent mid price spring. I fitted Lovells and can say they are a very nice spring for the price. I had stockies and the difference with Lovells was night and day. I've had Kings and they were the worst spring I have ever used.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
As above, king springs are terrible quality springs. They are rough as guts.

Mullerman22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Kings are **** and even worse on Monroe. Lovells are a really decent mid price spring. I fitted Lovells and can say they are a very nice spring for the price. I had stockies and the difference with Lovells was night and day. I've had Kings and they were the worst spring I have ever used.
Do I need to purchase separate shocks when lowering my car on lovells?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Do I need to purchase separate shocks when lowering my car on lovells?

Lowered springs need lowered shocks.

You don't need Lovells shocks, but you do need lowered shocks to suit lowered springs. I recommend KYB

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
X2 on the KYBs, like Lovells springs they are mid priced but will be better than Monroe. I can attest to that as I fitted KYB rears on the ute and the ride was a lot nicer than Monroe Yellows.
If money is the issue then stay with stock anything cheap like you suggested in the first post will be a downgrade and a lot of money for no benefit. Budget $1000 or more, plus labor to do all four anything less and it will be wasted coin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Mullerman22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Can you send me a link to ones that will fit an 01 vx wagon?
edit: or just which type of shock absorber I should be using for lowered suspension.

Last edited:

Mullerman22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
I've gotten a quote from pedders to lower my car and fit all springs and shocks, and they reccomended I get sportsryder springs, but their standard shocks, not sportsryder ones. Is this recommended or are they stitching me up? Also they quoted $1700 with fitment, $1200 without.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Try Super Spares they will be better than Pedders. I think they can get KYBs too. I know they are the cheapest for Lovells.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've gotten a quote from pedders to lower my car and fit all springs and shocks, and they reccomended I get sportsryder springs, but their standard shocks, not sportsryder ones. Is this recommended or are they stitching me up? Also they quoted $1700 with fitment, $1200 without.

Pedders and stiching up go together. Guaranteed, when they fit them up, they find another $3000 worth of things wrong with your suspension....

Do some other checking around with other companies and good chance you will get a better price