Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering costs?

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
hi,just after some prices people have paid to have there cars lowered,ive read some threads and prices vary a bit.its non irs s spac.i know i need springs,shortened rear shocks and panhard bar.thinking of using superlows allround.any replies would be great or places to go in bris southside would be helpfull.finally got the cash to do it!! cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Executive Wagon
hey mate..i got mine from repco today and they charge about $80 per spring... so about $320 for a set of four... i ordered them at 10.30 and they arrived at 1.30 same day so they r pretty convienient... dunno bout shocks though mate.. hope this helps

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
thanks for the reply, you can get set of king springs on ebay for around 230. 80 each seems a bit steep. cheers

VPWPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp commodore 3.8ltr
id say either ebay or a wreckers, i got a set of ultra low king springs for $100 for all 4 so thats pretty cheap.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I've got king springs with shocks, about $800 it cost me. More lower you go, more you pay.

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
holden007 said:
I've got king springs with shocks, about $800 it cost me. More lower you go, more you pay.
i think you will find that is wrong, unless you are including other associated costs such has panhard rod etc. which IMO should be used with any lowering.

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
mate how do you find the ride with the ultra lows?? few people say there a pain in the arse,too low.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
holden007 said:

Just checked invoice, all up a grand (sorry for the wrong figure), but I also got rims and tyres, so I had a discount on lowering (and accessories):yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Executive Wagon
quiksilver1 said:
thanks for the reply, you can get set of king springs on ebay for around 230. 80 each seems a bit steep. cheers
i dunno bout u guys but ive been ripped off on ebay b4.. so i try to stay away from buying anything more than about $100 off ebay.. i spose i just dont trust the system quite yet!

seabass

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina 3.8 M5
wreckers! g3et ya springs bout 50-80 for a pair and it's bout 120 for a pair for lowered struts but i didn't bother, just got the springs n put them in my self, not overly hard