Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering, gas, paintjobs and misc...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
LPG Auto Gas Australia says:

The fuel economy of Autogas-powered vehicles depends on a range of factors but on average, late model vehicles running on Autogas use approximately 30 percent more fuel than petrol-powered equivalents.

Secondly, your car should be tuned for gas. If its not tuned for gas, then yes it IS really untuned.

I know people with gas who have trouble starting their cars in cold mornings, just as I know people on petrol that have the same problem

So stocko_vh said nothin that wrong. No need to be rude to someone just trying to help.

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Look BogNog ... i didnt say anything was true or false ...

Note:
This is what i have seen on the internet, dont take this as gospil until you research more. Talking to a licenced fitter or just ringing up for information could give you the advice you need.

Keywords:
dont take this as gospil until you research more.

Please dont take this out on me. I tried to help on what i have heard on the INTERNET. I have yet to research on it at all.

Thankyou HoZy for clarifying what i have read on the INTERNET. :thumbsup:

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
straight gas is better as it has a much higher octane rating than petrol, so if your trying to run both, with one computer.(how most work) then one is gonna run really bad or both are gonna run kinda crappy. however if your running straight gas you get better efficiency, i think the milage loss falls to about 15% on average and your car has the potential to go harder as you can do things like shave the heads or put in higher compression pistons to make the most of this extra power potential.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Last tank of gas $28 Trip Computer read out as 513km/s

Petrol Last tank $75 Trip Computer read out as 447km/s

Power Wise, Getting 108.3rwkw on Petrol.
--------------------102rwkw Last Dyno On Gas.

Car starts on Gas.. None of this fancy start on petrol flick to gas stuff...
Car's tuned for Higher octane, I've only ever run 98RON Fuel majority of the time... Last 2years. Memcal requests it. Meaning more of a Spark advance... More spark advance requiring higher Octane, Gas provides the higher octane... She runs smooth as all straight petrol cars. Idles at 750ish Smooth!

Cheers
MaT

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Yeah im not up to date with the new ECu controlled gas setups ... only used to the carby version with the flicking from petrol to gas after warmup. I have heard that on duel fuel that the ECU is still programmed for petrol thus being not very reliable on gas ... this is what i have heard... dont flame me for that but yeah .... i always thought it would be untuned on duel is all ...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
HoZy said:
Last tank of gas $28 Trip Computer read out as 513km/s

Petrol Last tank $75 Trip Computer read out as 447km/s

Power Wise, Getting 108.3rwkw on Petrol.
--------------------102rwkw Last Dyno On Gas.

Car starts on Gas.. None of this fancy start on petrol flick to gas stuff...
Car's tuned for Higher octane, I've only ever run 98RON Fuel majority of the time... Last 2years. Memcal requests it. Meaning more of a Spark advance... More spark advance requiring higher Octane, Gas provides the higher octane... She runs smooth as all straight petrol cars. Idles at 750ish Smooth!

Cheers
MaT

Well your car is a one off. The general fact is that gas does not get the same economy fuel does.

LPG Auto Gas Australia admit it, gas fitters will admit it and 90% of people that use gas will admit it. Every taxi driver that comes through my servo will also admit it.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i agree with vn 2nv my car go through more gas than petrol but gas is cheaper than pettie so it still gives me more bang 4 my buck.
and my car isn't a bastard to startup on pettie or gas, car starts first time very time!