Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering, gas, paintjobs and misc...

bognog

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Hey i got a few Q's. First, i am in the process of picking up some 17 inch vx ss rims for my phoenix red vn calais. Im told by numerous people i should lower it, but how do i go about this and how much should i lower it? I dont want to spend a lot of money on it obviously, but it would be nice if i could do it, i'm told you can cut them for next to nothing if you get someone to do it for you, or a couple hundred to compress them. Really, im going to go the cheapest way no matter what anyone says unless they give me reason enough to go a different way, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I want to put my car on gas because i really hate paying for petrol, one way or another it's going on gas, could someone possibly give me in point form the pros and cons of gas and dual fuel, again any help will be greatly appreciated.

My vn is phoenix red at the moment, but, i would like to change that if i could, either to black, imperial blue, or like that vn aero in the my ride forum, what is the absolute cheapest i could get a black shiny paint job for whilst retaining quality and looks.

I've been thinking about body kits and i've seen one i like, i've attached a pic of it, im wondering how much i could get one for, how much more weight it would add if much at all, and what sort of place i could get one from, they seem to set the car off so im quite interested in one.

Attachments

• 475267_1_full.jpg
    475267_1_full.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 142

4PLAYN

Reaction score
Pro's and Con's of Duel Fuel.

Pro - Cheaper to obtain fuel
Pro - More power in forced induction applications due to higher allowances in boost pressure

Con - Engine is really untuned
Con - On cold mornings its a barstard to start
Con - Less km's to a tank
Con - Only licenced installers can install them due to strict fitting rules
Con - Waiting list of upto 2 years to get it fitted
Con - gas will run out before petrol in the earths resources

This is what i have seen on the internet, dont take this as gospil until you research more. Talking to a licenced fitter or just ringing up for information could give you the advice you need.

Adam.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Paint job... $2500 or so for an outer respray only... meaing the car would look **** with the bonnet up and doors open as the colours are different...

Full body respray where they strip the entire car to make it all the same colour... around 5 grand.

As for springs... just try searching for cut springs man.. see peoples opinions.

It voids your insurance, its dangerous for not only you but those around you on the road, it makes the ride quality appalling and handling is horrible. Dont be such a tight ass, is $240 for a set of King Springs really that much to ask to keep your insurance, for safety for you and others on the road, for the ride quality of your car and of course for the extensively superior handling?

Lastly, that bodykit is a VN SV5000 bodykit... You will really struggle to find one adapted to fit a VS, it would need to be a custom job and would be very expensive imo

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you're not willing to spend money to lower the car properly but you want to spend thousands changing the paint colour? WTF

bognog

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
bangers said:
you're not willing to spend money to lower the car properly but you want to spend thousands changing the paint colour? WTF

I never said or made out that i was willing to spend thousands on changing the paint. WTF???

Ok so this is what im doing.

I'll get some springs off a mate for under a 100 bucks.

If i get the oppurtunity to put my car on straight gas, i will.

if i find a body kit like that one for sale ill probably buy it for the right price.

I know a couple people i can get to do the job for no more than 500 for a paint job and 900 for a good one, as for the inside of the doors an the likes, ill just have to wait an see what happens.

Until people tell me otherwise, those are my perogatives, thanks for the help thus far.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
stocko_VH said:
Pro's and Con's of Duel Fuel.

Pro - Cheaper to obtain fuel
Pro - More power in forced induction applications due to higher allowances in boost pressure

Con - Engine is really untuned
Con - On cold mornings its a barstard to start
Con - Less km's to a tank
Con - Only licenced installers can install them due to strict fitting rules
Con - Waiting list of upto 2 years to get it fitted
Con - gas will run out before petrol in the earths resources

This is what i have seen on the internet, dont take this as gospil until you research more. Talking to a licenced fitter or just ringing up for information could give you the advice you need.

Adam.

Cheaper Yes...

Forced indution happy, Yes...

Engine really untuned.. FALSE!

Cold mornings hard to start.. FALSE!

Less Km's to a tank.. FALSE! (I get 500+km's tank of gas)

Next 3 Yes...

Cheers
MaT

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
just don't buy cut springs! and straight gas is much better than dual fuel.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
huh? he has a VN.

bognog

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
HoZy said:
Cheaper Yes...

Forced indution happy, Yes...

Engine really untuned.. FALSE!

Cold mornings hard to start.. FALSE!

Less Km's to a tank.. FALSE! (I get 500+km's tank of gas)

Next 3 Yes...

Cheers
MaT

Ok stocko VH, why lie to me? I HATE CARS SOMETIMES CAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT. STOP TALKIN SHIT!!

I believe hozy over you simply because he wouldn't say these things unless he actually experienced them first hand.

Bangers, black shoes are better than white shoes. But i have no idea why, how about you actually tell me why. Straight is better than dual, that is...

I have no changed my decision to dual fuel, unless someone can tell me otherwise.