Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering issues

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Hey guys i recently had my car lowered on king springs. Iv had a wheel allignment done since having it lowered also. I had the back done by pros but the front done by a mate who seemed to no what he was doin it all went together fairly smoothly. Only thing is I now have vibrations in the steering wheel at around 85ks and onwards. Any ideas as to what may be the problem?

Cheers for any info

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Get it sorted by a pro mate, wheel alignment's are a more exact science than some would think.

You may have also thrown a wheel weight.

Cheers.

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Yeah had the wheel allignment done by pros. It does feel like it maybe needs a wheel balance. I didnt realise the weights could come off so it could be that. Cheers guys. Il let you no if its the weights hope so easy fix then.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
a wheel alignment has NOTHING to do with vibration at all, it still amazes me when people come into work and say i need a wheel alignment i have a vibration lol

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
Ok cheers mate il get the balancing checked out tomoro.

Matt_27

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
a wheel alignment has NOTHING to do with vibration at all, it still amazes me when people come into work and say i need a wheel alignment i have a vibration lol

Thought it may of been adding to the problem not the main part of the problem.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
a wheel alignment has NOTHING to do with vibration at all
This is true.

With regards to wheel alignments, ask the place if they compensate for lateral run out before doing the alignment. If they look at you stupid, or say no, go elsewhere...