Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering with King Springs

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Who has had experience with lowering a VY or VZ V6 with King Springs?

I have been told there are 2 options - Super Low and Super Super Low springs. I want to go as low as possible but still be road legal (in Victoria it's 10cm clearance at lowest point on underside of car). Any recommendations as to which springs to use? I understand that the car will settle a bit lower after a while of sitting on new springs. How low will each set bring the car down?

Any pics would be appreciated.

Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Crapbox
mate if you ask the people who make them they will tell ya how low they go, often they make the spring to suit the car dropping a certain distance to be within specs cause insurance wont have a bar if its too low as well.

kilmo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
I lowered my ute with Kings......Mine was just super low springs....cost me $400...I'm more than happy with the result.....I could take pics if you wish.

Cheers,
Kilmo

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
kilmo said:
I lowered my ute with Kings......Mine was just super low springs....cost me $400...I'm more than happy with the result.....I could take pics if you wish.

Cheers,
Kilmo
yeah wouldnt mind seeing some pics of it lowered,maybe do something like before and after pics,see the difference,also thought of doing the same,asked my dealership,they reckon it could effect brake bias,ya know the ebd,eba distribution.dont know if they are talking or not?.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i was told with models that had those options that it will, one advantage of the ute is not having those options so hense it can be lowered easily.

from what i have seen of SV6's they really don't need lowering anyways ....

i want to lower the rear of my ute as its about 1 inch higher than the front!

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Just orderd kings supalow will fit next week and post pic b4 and after.

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
Yeah i believe that FE2 isn't a factory option in cars with EBD and the other fancy gizmos. So lowering could cause some issues if your car has those gizmos.

V

vzdriver

i have a VZ ute, lowered with super lows at front and super super lows(ultra lows) at the rear, never had trouble, and looks sweet to

Attachments

• matt ute 3.jpg
    matt ute 3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9,614
  • matt ute.jpg
    matt ute.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,680
  • matt ute 2.jpg
    matt ute 2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,256
  • matt ute1.jpg
    matt ute1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,947
A

Ausblonde

Hey guys,

My Ute is being lowered on saturday with super super low springs. I'm also putting a set of Lenzo LS5 on it should look good. I'll post pics up when its done.

claire

I just want one

Reaction score
Members Ride
WANTED - VP Calais
Daz,

I read in another part of the forum that you had the Lovells super lows and was happy with them. R you still getting the Kings superlows fitted...if so, is there a particular reason why, have the Lovells been a problem at all, or is there another reason...thanks mate, your help is appreciated :)

why do i just want one, have ya seen 'em :yeah: