Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering Motorsport/Directors

arthurk

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline VFII / SSV Motorsport KOM0993
HSV and LE MRC are different I believe so anyone telling you they can do it needs to be careful. I could be totally wrong. As stated above look at ssforums.com and what the guys are doing. From all my reading over there they are sourcing springs from Australia.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
am i crazy in thinking the mrc is only your shock hardening and softening depending on your setting, pretty sure kingsprings have a mrc spring that will lower the car and not effect your mrc from functioning, as for your warranty, as far as i know holden would have to prove that your spring was the reason for whatever might break?

DIR115

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais Director
I'll be going for a test drive in a mate's lowered Director before I do anything with mine. It's only aesthetics really. The handling and ride is great in standard form.
Hi There how was your test drive in your mates lowered Director?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi There how was your test drive in your mates lowered Director?
It hasn' happened yet as he lives about 900km away. Probably in Aug.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Love the look of ours after its been lowered, looked like a 4wd beforehand. Rides fine.

DIR115

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais Director
Love the look of ours after its been lowered, looked like a 4wd beforehand. Rides fine.
Yeah it does. Any issues with MRC and may I ask who lowered it for you and how low ? Cheers

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok - yes you can. Matter of fact, ditch MRC shocks for a good set and you will have a weapon, just no adjustability from the switch. That said, the value in a MSE, Director, Magnum is factory stock. Fk with it and you may as well have just bought a redline.
Bottom line - keep it OE for resale down the track.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Ok - yes you can. Matter of fact, ditch MRC shocks for a good set and you will have a weapon, just no adjustability from the switch. That said, the value in a MSE, Director, Magnum is factory stock. Fk with it and you may as well have just bought a redline.
Bottom line - keep it OE for resale down the track.
I disagree ditching the MRC in the LE's. I've been able to compare stock Motorsport suspension to lowered Director, stock Redline, lowered Redline and Redline on after market coil overs. For me, the MRC in the stock MSE is by far the best all round.
I agree re keeping them stock though. Or at least being able to easily return to stock at sale time. Personally I wouldn't go near a modded one if I was in the market.

Last edited: