Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dmndaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Commodore Omega Sportswagon
I recently had my 2010 Holden Commodore VE Sportswagon lowered with what I thought was going to be a good set up. However I'm not quite happy and I was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to better set it up.

Current Set up:

KHFL - 150SL King Spring Set (Front)
KHRL - 152SSLHD King Spring Set (Rear)
35-0580 Monroe GT Lowered Strut (Front)
35-0653 Monroe SSGT Sport Shock (Rear)

I like the rear ride height / set up (as the wheel arch is visually flush with the tire) just not too keen on the front (as there is a bigger gap between the arch and the tire). Any suggestions? Should I go SSL or SSSL Spring for the front?

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
SL springs are the same height as standard FE2.

So if you want to a bit lower at the front, you’d need to go with a SSL

Is there a reason for the HD on the rear?

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
According to the King Springs catalogue, if you wanted to evenly lower a V8 Wagon the front KHFL-150SL is usually paired with the KHRL-152HD rears, which lowers the car by around 20+mm lower than FE2. Called “lowered” by King Springs.

But since you have KHRL-152SSLHD rear “Ultra Low” they would be paired with KHFL-150SSSL “ultra low” fronts. But of course, you don’t HAVE to match ultra low rears with ultra low fronts. And could go “super low” SSL front.

SL springs are the same height as standard FE2.

So if you want to a bit lower at the front, you’d need to go with a SSL

Is there a reason for the HD on the rear?

Not the case with wagons at least. I have FE2 (sagged, original 10 year old springs 200k) and fitted SL to the front and it still lowered it 20mm or more.

And all rear wagon king springs are HD