Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering my vn calais

dewso_18

sikcalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 90'
looking at lowering my vn calais on kings spings, but apparently i will need new shocks aswel for the rear? is this totally necessary?
also there is a keyhole thing next to my boot release button in the glovebox, im assuming its the immobiliser? but on purchasing the car i only got the ignition key, so where do i go from there? am i able to get another made?
thanks

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Just did mine :) Short shocks are 100% necessary, or your springs can fall out. Not sure about the immobiliser though... Heres my vn with Superlow Kings all round

dewso_18

sikcalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 90'
oh ok sweet..did u install it all urself? if so how long did it take you? n if u dont mind me asking how much just for all the spring and shocks?
cheers

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
I organised a group buy not long ago, I think I paid $450ish for shortened shocks (front and back) and springs front and back. Dad and I did most of it, took a day and a bit. We couldn't get the top nut off the shock absorber in the front strut, but pedders do the fronts for $40 if you take in the parts and the struts (removed from the car) - I would reccomend this unless you have special tool/rattle gun to get the nut off. Backs took about 2 hours (our first time doing them), fronts took a while, to say the least :)

Group buy was from Online Performance Autos on Ebay - their normal prices are pretty good, have a look.

Good luck!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I got rear Monroe short shocks off Online Performance for about $130.
My brother did them one side at a time by jacking each side. Was a little herd with no shock connected to get the wheel up to take it off but that was only the last one we did.

Jack it took Online performance over a week to find my payment even with 2 emails to them. And in that time i had the springs exhaust and wheel alignment done all before my payment was established, They finally arrived a few days back and my brother done them, Did you have any problems like this?.

dewso_18

sikcalais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 90'
sounds sweet jack..will get them through work though (heavily discounted of course) priced it all today. $300 for lowered kings springs all round, and lowered monroe shocks for the back. not to shabby at all i dont think. thanks for all ur insights cheers :)