Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering my VS

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Hi there I'd like some info on lowering my vs. I have previously owned a lowered vs but this was many a years ago. I had it slammed on kings SSL front and rear with pedders rear shocks and ultima fronts.
Because it was so low I had to fit a whiteline front sway bar to avoid destroying sway bar rubbers.
Times have changed since then and my new car also has IRS. Are there spring and shock combo's out there that will slam my vs? I still want captive springs and as smoother ride as possble. What are people doing about sway bar rubbers? Are kings and monroe making a shortened shock and spring kit for this model? What is the best camber kit to use for this?

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
on page 5 there is a thread post ur lowered pics and prices you should find some good info there

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Thanks But it still hasn't answered the questions I had. Anyone else with personal experience?

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
search it man, alot of threads around on lowering a VS

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i got king springs in my vs calais.. ssl front and sssl rear... and its not slammed at all.. fronts ok but rear is no where near tuckin tyre..
only way ur really gona be able 2 slam it is either compress them to the height u want or use something like bmw superlows with shortened shocks..

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
Thanks for the help guys, Just ordered kings ssl fronts and sssl rears with monroe gt sports shocks all round.
VL-187 can you post some pics of how low your calais is.
Also ordered the nolathane heavy duty sway bar links with ball joints either end.
As for rear bump stops I will have to wait and see what I do there.
I also ordered a camber kit.
Can anyone tell me how close it will get the camber to being right?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
havnt actully taken any fotos of it but will try get some up soon...
keen to see how yours turns out though coz either sssl's do F all to the rears of irs vs's or ive been scummed with the wrong springs..