Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering my vy

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
hi people,

i want to lower my vy acclaim but need some advice from people that have taken this route before me...

i cant sacrifice too much on ride quality as unfortunately im forced to drive on some pretty bad roads. its got fe2 in it at the moment which borders on being a bit rough sometimes so i dont think ive got many options.

anyone got any advice or lowered their vy and can point me in the right direction?

cheers

matt

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Geez i'd probably leave it as is.
If you're driving on rough roads alot your ride will get rougher if you go lower.
I think you can counter act that if you spend a heap on air suspension???

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
lowest comfortable ride id go is superlow lovells.. anything lower and it becomes a problem with bumps potholes and speed humps.. just make sure you dont go bigger than an 18 inch rim later on :)

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
lowest comfortable ride id go is superlow lovells.. anything lower and it becomes a problem with bumps potholes and speed humps.. just make sure you dont go bigger than an 18 inch rim later on :)

thanks guys

i read somewhere on here a little while back that someone had superlow lovells with koni shocks and he reckoned it was more comfortable then fe2

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I'd agree with juzsvy. If you don't want anything rougher than FE2, then I'd just leave it.

I've got Pedders in mine (lowered 1.5" from FE2) and the ride is slightly rougher than FE2. I don't have rough roads to deal with though! ;)

filthgrinder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTS2
Do you need to replace the shockers when you put superlows in a VY?

fluxxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S1
yeh,

my girlfriend is working in a town in the middle of nowhere at the moment and i have to drive some pretty shocking unsealed roads to visit her..

i might have to wait till her contract finishes before i do much with my car, it already looks ridiculous with the roo bar on it anyway :cry:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you need to replace the shockers when you put superlows in a VY?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: If you find they're worn when you pull them out, or the car has done a few km's, it's easier and cheaper to replace the shocks while you're doing the springs.

VY5Speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S - 5 Speed
Howdy,

I have a VY S currently stock with FE2... I want to lower it with King Superlows, can i still put 19's on her or will i run into trouble??

Thanks,
Daniel

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Howdy,

I have a VY S currently stock with FE2... I want to lower it with King Superlows, can i still put 19's on her or will i run into trouble??

Thanks,
Daniel

LOL, you can do it, but I hope you've got a good chiropractor and you don't have any dental fillings, cos they are likely to fall out from the harsh ride! :yeah: