Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering my VZ SVZ (need help urgently)

Vincer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SVZ
Hey Guys,

I bought some SSL rear springs and am currently in the market for SL front springs. Im looking to replace my stock springs asap. My current rear suspension comes with the factory airbags to adjust the height of the car if something is being towed. Firstly I was wondering if anyone else has SSL in rear and SL in fronts so I could have an idea of how low my car will be (when I buy SL springs). Secondly I was wondering is it difficult to take the rear springs/airbags out on my own? or is it worth paying and getting it professionally done?

Cheers in advance

Iman

VZ SSZ Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I have SL Fronts and rears and thats the lowest I would go (having a ute)
11qin11.jpg

It's probably as easy as taking out the normal IRS springs out from the rear, Just disconnect the bag from the intake port taking care. (Only guessing though as I haven't really seen that setup.)

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Hey Guys,

I bought some SSL rear springs and am currently in the market for SL front springs. Im looking to replace my stock springs asap. My current rear suspension comes with the factory airbags to adjust the height of the car if something is being towed. Firstly I was wondering if anyone else has SSL in rear and SL in fronts so I could have an idea of how low my car will be (when I buy SL springs). Secondly I was wondering is it difficult to take the rear springs/airbags out on my own? or is it worth paying and getting it professionally done?

Cheers in advance

Have never heard of factory installed Airbags. Perhaps they are aftermarket such as PolyAir. If replacing the springs just remove the Airbags if they are no longer required.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
I have aftermarket bags in the rear of my ute that I am looking at replacing soon due to height/ride quality.

Iman, what size wheels are those? I am looking at SLs and have 19s, been wondering what sort of height I can expect. Are yours 20s?

Iman

VZ SSZ Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
I have aftermarket bags in the rear of my ute that I am looking at replacing soon due to height/ride quality.

Iman, what size wheels are those? I am looking at SLs and have 19s, been wondering what sort of height I can expect. Are yours 20s?

20 inch G8's mate