Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering of suspension

coroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s
Just fitted a set of 18inch wheels to my VYs and would like to lower but not lose the comfort, is it possible? My previous Vt had "kings super low", handling was awesome but the ride was very bouncy and uncomfortable. I ended up going back to standard springs.

Rastus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ
Lowered VZ

Here is some pics of my VZ Lumina that i just had lowered last week. I like you wanted a lower stance as the factory height was a little ridiculous and it cornered like a yacht. I drove a VZ SSZ that rides on 19's and has king super low springs all round and did not like the ride as it was very rough for an oldie like me. So after reading as many forum sites i could find and going against a lot of people's opinions and went to pedders and had coilovers on the front and GSR shocks and a touring spring in the back, as you can see by the pics it now has a great ride height and handles unbelievable and didn't end up like the king super low's.
Cheers
Rastus1
Would love an 8 but like the fuel gauge sitting on 9-10L/100k.
Hope the pics worked as this is my first post.

Last edited:

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Rastus1, mind if I ask how much it cost to get it done?

Rastus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ
No problem Evman, The price for the front coilovers are just over a grand (can get them off Ebay a little cheaper) and the back Shocks,springs and tower brace
and install was another grand so all up about 2 grand for what i reckon is one serious kick ass ride now. Has unbelievable handling and cornering and didn't loose the ride comfort, It has now seriously pissed off my mate with his SSZ with super lows all round as he drove mine and now is going to get the same for his ride. Gotta try the coilovers. :yeah:
Now all the car needs is a 6 Litre. Hehehe. :D

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
Sweet thanks, thats a bargain really!

coroman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s
Thanks for the advice mate, you car looks awesome. I will look at this route as I am also a oldie that wants the ride and the looks.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I just installed pedders ryder springs and find they're quite good for the ride.
It looks excellent, the ride is a bit stiffer but alot better than the vt i had.

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
juzsvy said:
I just installed pedders ryder springs and find they're quite good for the ride.
It looks excellent, the ride is a bit stiffer but alot better than the vt i had.

hey would you happen to have any pics of the ride height and an idea of cost??

cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hi there barbs, i don't have any pics yet, i'll post them up in the next couple of days, gotta wash it first!
Cost wise, i got the springs for $320 for the set and installed them myself, saving around $250.
It is a bit of a bastard of a job tho', wouldn't recommend it unless you've got spring compressors and rattle guns etc.
If you want more info pm me and i'll be happy to help!

Rastus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ
Hey juzsvy,
Mate nice looking pics of your ride in your other post, i am looking forward to seeing some pics of it now it's been lowered, pedders springs and shocks are awesome for ride comfort and handling as well as looks. :bow:
Cheers :D
Rastus1