Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering of SV6 ute.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
G'day guys/girls, wanting some opinions on what parts to use to lower my ute...

The run down,
Front ride height is 180mm
Rear ride height is 210mm

i would like it to be level or still a touch high in the arse, but still less than 30mm as its really noticable, with the ideal height at 130mm or a touch higher as i dont want trouble with cops/speed bumps or drive ways.

Questions i have are;
1. What springs/shocks would be ideal for this?
2. Best place to go?
3. and a rough cost if you could.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Depends what sort of result you're looking for. Just the look - the look and a comfortable ride - or the look and more grip than you know what to do with.

Also depends on your budget. You'd be looking at around $600 to have a set of springs installed - pedders or similar will do that with no issue and are a popular option. Kings are also popular and any workshop with a spring compressor will be able to fit them.

Or you can go all the way up to a full set of DMS coilovers which will last forever - and so long as they're tuned right, will let you stick to anything (along with the obvious other mods that such equipment entails) - High-end DMS setup with sways and bush kits would see you past 10 grand.

Obviously there's countless options in between those two so have a think about what you want to achieve and how much you can spend and go from there.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I had my suspension done by VCM.
Bilstein Shocks and H&R springs, the ride is great and it sits great (back could be a little lower though, but that's just me).
Speed bumps and driveways don't give me to much trouble, I rarely scrape, and cops never look at me.
It was a rather expensive set up though. $1995 installed with a wheel alignment. I got it done through the dealership, so my warrenty isn't effected.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
+1 The Bilstein B8 shocks would be my choice. Same money there as a set of pedders coilovers, but the bilsteins will outperform the coilovers every day of the week. Throw in some fatter sway bars and some urethane and you're on a winning combo!

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
thanks for help guys, umm tinsnips im probably after more of a look/comfort combo due to it being a daily driver and some long distance trips would be instore for it in the future... under a grand is preferred price.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I did my calais with pedders sports ryder, only dropped it about 30mm or so by the time it settled down. The only thing i didn't do was the shocks, kept the stock ones in but i'd go for the shorter shocks whilst you're at it. Mine rides fine but it still a little harsh over the bumps so i'll be whacking in some new shocks soon.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Monroes are cheaper than the bilsteins and will give you a comfortable ride. Have a look at Boge shocks too - excellent value for money and I believe they have a lifetime warranty which is rare. Have a chat with Greg from GSL (sponsor) and see what he has. I know he keeps Bilstein, Koni and Boge.