Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering problems!!!!! Help needed

chris95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 Calais
dammit haha, yeah the car wont move, is putting them back in a simple task? or is a proper mechanic required? if so how much would I be looking at in labour ha

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Twist and push, you may get it after a bit of fiddling around. You'll "know" when they're in.

Swyped from my Note 2 phablet...

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
They will just come out again dude. Unless you put your other springs back in. My diff shop adjusted my suspension for me when mine came out. But they supplied me the diff so they did it for free.

venerableChicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
would it be driveshafts if it happens in neutral though? not maybe random gearbox failure at the same time as spring change? driveshafts should not come out from merely lowering your car should they?

chris95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 Calais
thats what I thought as I have lowered other IRS commodores before.. however it was a pretty big drop. The suspension has been put back to its original setup, however while it was being done I noticed the driveshafts didn't look quite right as seen in the picture. I tried twisting and pushing it back it but wouldnt really budge, any other way I can go about fixing this before I have to give in and get it towed? haha

xstunnerzx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina
How did you go getting the drive shaft back in ? I think the same thing has happend to mine:(