Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering ute with a dirt bike?

MathoSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I have a '10 SSV Ute, stock 19's, Kings SSL springs, monroe GT shocks front and rear, Twin 3" Xforce exhaust that hangs low, especially around the diff area.
Don't have too much problems on the highway or streets when have a dirt bike in the back, does tuck alot more tyre than usual and exhaust gets close to the ground though.
Just went up the bush today, struggled over a couple of ghetto speed humps some hillbilly had put up, scraped the middle of my exhaust a bit but nothing too bad

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
I do fine with 9.5 GTS rims on the rear and SSSL's/Monroe shocks all round. Being stiff they dont sag much

Hsv807

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Were they Genuine GTS rims?

Yeah they were genuine, i was very suprised it happened to, dodgy rim maybe? although they all should be the same in the manufacturing process i think. just a freak occurence really, havent heard of it happening to anyone else

bazwell

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SIDI sv6 S1 ute in phantom
cheers for the replies fellas,

never heard of a rim snapping either? im going to try and buy genuine second hands.. been overseas for the last 6 months, coming home soon and really looking forward to gettin back into my pride and joy!

thought that might be the case with stiffer springs... cheers guys!

VUte89

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz Maloo :)
I had a cracked spoke on my old rims I just welded her back up