Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering ve sitting on 20's

ashcott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Hi people , just looking for anyones past experiences in regards to lowering a ve calais 6.0 . Basically iam looking at lowering the car around 1 inch lower than standard FE2 . That said iam running 20's with 275/30 rears and are a little concerned about scrubbing as i do tow a boat , and couldnt get a straight answer from pedders , can anyone offer advice on past experiences with setups etc..... Cheers

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
might want to get your rear guards rolled when you lower your car, i think 275's might touch when going over bumps while towing..

ashcott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Search bar is your friend plenty of threads regarding lowering ve's. My advice either leave it so it dosent scrub and happily tow or lower it with coil overs then you can put the back up when towing and have it low when not but that's an expensive route

Thanks mate , didnt really want coil overs as i think they're a little over the top for everyday street driving. Was hoping someone may have had the same issue with 275 rears and found a solution

ashcott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
might want to get your rear guards rolled when you lower your car, i think 275's might touch when going over bumps while towing..

was hoping to avoid that , but may be only viable option ....... thanks bud

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Hey mate ive already got the setup as mentioned above and i also tow a 1700 KG boat.

I have got SSL springs all round with FE2 shocks and i had to roll my guards. Once the guards were rolled i didnt have any further issues its all sweet now no more scrubbing.

ashcott

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Hey mate ive already got the setup as mentioned above and i also tow a 1700 KG boat.

I have got SSL springs all round with FE2 shocks and i had to roll my guards. Once the guards were rolled i didnt have any further issues its all sweet now no more scrubbing.

Ok great thanks , who did you get to do yours ?

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Yeah I had to get my guards shaved too. After putting the 275 it was scrubbing quite badly. I too will be towing a trailer and still looking around for the best combo of shocks and springs. I will be ditching my king springs