Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Alz0019

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 vf s1
Hey guys just wondering would it be ok to get lowered springs on stock shocks? I only plan on getting sl all front and back. I read somewhere that they would be fine, but I wasn't convinced enough. Anyone have experience with this?

Also. What is a suitable price to have springs installed. Anyone know any reputable shops that don't excessively charge?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
How many km's on the current shockers?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I've got SSL's on stock springs on my Redline. The ride is great but I understand that the shock life will decrease because of the springs. I'm due for a service is December so I'm probably going to get either Monroe short shocks or Bilstein's fitted. My car has only done 6000km and springs were just fitted.

Last edited:

Alz0019

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 vf s1
How many km's on the current shockers?
Problem is I didn't buy the car new, so I have no idea if they've been changed before. The current KM's on the car is around 60,000

Alz0019

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 vf s1
I've got SSL's on stock springs on my Redline. The ride is great but I understand that the shock life will decrease because of the springs. I'm due for a service is December so I'm probably going to get either Monroe short shocks or Bilstein's fitted. My car has only done 6000km and springs were just fitted.
Is it that much of a difference between stock shocks and Monroe shocks? So would you recommend I just buy monroe shocks while I'm at it?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Is it that much of a difference between stock shocks and Monroe shocks? So would you recommend I just buy monroe shocks while I'm at it?

Well the standard ones will wear out quicker. I’m not sure how much quicker though. I'd lean towards doing them all at once if my car had done 60k

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Problem is I didn't buy the car new, so I have no idea if they've been changed before. The current KM's on the car is around 60,000

Probably still the factory dampers, and getting on a bit.
If I was to fit new springs, I'd replace the dampers as well.

Alz0019

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 vf s1
any shocks in particular I should be avoiding? I've been looking at the KYB, Ultima and Monroe shocks.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
any shocks in particular I should be avoiding? I've been looking at the KYB, Ultima and Monroe shocks.
Munroe and KYB are pretty good. Have used Ultima's in small cars, they seem decent.
I usually recommend Koni's and Bilstein.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I had Monroe’s on my last VF. I’d happily have them again.