Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Front coils changed to drop another 15mm. Both front and rear now sitting at 630mm measured from bottom of rim to top of wheel arch. Much happier. Ride is reasonably solid though. Certainly lost that bit of extra plushness over bumps. Think short throw shocks may help that?

even3_zpsowi3wapz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

even1_zpsmg8jevu1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

even_zpsvifekynh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Bit of a thread dig but anyone fitted the Monroe GT front struts on a VF yet, looks like a new release parts num 35-0884 and 35-0885 as I couldn't get them when I lowered mine early this year.

My Ve has them with kings and handles well the VF with standard struts and kings in the front is a bit jittery, going to get a set of above.

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Great thread as needing to raise my car up a bit again. Mainly due to rubbing and ride quality.

Currently I have Kings SSSL in rear and SSL in front. As according to there web page. Rear sits at about 347 from hub center to bottom of guard.
While I like the look of ones in this thread sitting at 360. I think I want about 375. Just for bumpy roads here in NZ. So do I need to order. Don't mind if it doesn't look lowered. Just don't want the factory height as looks like a 4x4.
Rear: KHRL-152SL
Front: KHFL-151

Also does the VF2 SS sit higher at front than back normally in relation to guards. So if above gives me 375 at rear would it be 390 at front. Or should I put KHRL-152SL in front as well.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Front coils changed to drop another 15mm. Both front and rear now sitting at 630mm measured from bottom of rim to top of wheel arch. Much happier. Ride is reasonably solid though. Certainly lost that bit of extra plushness over bumps. Think short throw shocks may help that?

even3_zpsowi3wapz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

even1_zpsmg8jevu1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

even_zpsvifekynh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hey mate is that lowered 15 mm total or a further 15? If so, can I ask what you used and is there any chance of getting some pics?

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
Great thread as needing to raise my car up a bit again. Mainly due to rubbing and ride quality.

Currently I have Kings SSSL in rear and SSL in front. As according to there web page. Rear sits at about 347 from hub center to bottom of guard.
While I like the look of ones in this thread sitting at 360. I think I want about 375. Just for bumpy roads here in NZ. So do I need to order. Don't mind if it doesn't look lowered. Just don't want the factory height as looks like a 4x4.
Rear: KHRL-152SL
Front: KHFL-151

Also does the VF2 SS sit higher at front than back normally in relation to guards. So if above gives me 375 at rear would it be 390 at front. Or should I put KHRL-152SL in front as well.

mine is around 370 all round and yep the gap at the front is higher then the back. If you did the same gap front and back your front will be much lower then the back when looking at it side on.
mine is on bilstein shocks and h&r springs. Rides beautifully not harsh at all.

34088023386_fc0eb066db_b.jpg

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
^
How much did that setup cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

How does it ride in comparison to stock FE3? One of the reasons I chose the SSV over the Redline was because I didn't like how firm the FE3 was, but I also want to lower my 4WD too :)

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
^
How much did that setup cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

How does it ride in comparison to stock FE3? One of the reasons I chose the SSV over the Redline was because I didn't like how firm the FE3 was, but I also want to lower my 4WD too :)

it was just a tad over $2k installed and 4 wheel alignment.
If you dont like the stock fe3 ride, then you probably wont like this either, as it is a tad firmer then standard, but no issues at all for me, and the wife hasnt complained. I think its still very comfy and that was a big thing for me

Mr123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline
Anybody got some pictures of the standard black redline 19" wheels with kings SSL on?
Quite like the way the look on the car so would be interested to see them before I invest the time and money into installing them

n3wbi3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS V RedLine
Yea fantastic thread. This helped me out heaps.
Mines fully adjusted now to sit 360mm from the centre of each rim.
Full legal and has 100mm clearance now.

20170412_044825_zpsx2ry3vvc.jpg

Mr123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 SSV Redline
Yea fantastic thread. This helped me out heaps.
Mines fully adjusted now to sit 360mm from the centre of each rim.
Full legal and has 100mm clearance now.

20170412_044825_zpsx2ry3vvc.jpg
Looks great Newbie, what set up are you running?