Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Just to double check, this is running SSL front and rear? and are shortened bump stops something you use for front and rear as well?

Would a VF2 Redline sit any differently?

Yes SSL all round & it will sit the same in your RL. Just 2 x Bump stops in the rears. Check out my videos on youtube. this is part II maybe check my lowering part I video also

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Just got mine back from shop and really happy with height. Rides much nicer over bumps than it did with SSSL.
Its now got SL front and rear. So sits about 10mm higher than SS Flo Rida's car.

For my needs perfect balance between looks and ride quality over the bumpy roads we have here.

2017-05-02 15_16_11-New notification.jpg

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Just got mine back from shop and really happy with height. Rides much nicer over bumps than it did with SSSL.
Its now got SL front and rear. So sits about 10mm higher than SS Flo Rida's car.

For my needs perfect balance between looks and ride quality over the bumpy roads we have here.

View attachment 191718

Nice. Seems like a good balance. I get my SL's fitted next Thursday. So that will be SL rear and SSL front which should make it sit even. I'll post pics when it's done.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Nice. Seems like a good balance. I get my SL's fitted next Thursday. So that will be SL rear and SSL front which should make it sit even. I'll post pics when it's done.

Are you sure it's not the other way around with SSL rear? Otherwise your front will be 10mm lower than BBunny's above.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Are you sure it's not the other way around with SSL rear? Otherwise your front will be 10mm lower than BBunny's above.

I've got SSL's all round at the moment and the rear is 15mm lower than the front.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
I've got SSL's all round at the moment and the rear is 15mm lower than the front.

Measuring centre of wheel to guard? I've got SSL all round and rear is 5 mm lower than front which makes th car sit quite even overall. This on SV6 (pic attached) so a V8 would be 5mm lower on front.

Is it possible one end has VE springs? Happened to another member? SS Flo Rida I think and it throws you off. Check the springs are KHFL151 and KHRL152. Just trying to help you avoid unnecessary disassembly reassembly.

All else being good though losing an 'S' on the rear will raise it by 15mm. The differences between steps are 15mm rear and 10mm front for Kings.
Cheers.
IMG_20161006_135030_939.jpg

Edit rear part number.

Last edited:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Apparently was a VF part. KHRSL152 Weird. Fingers crossed the new one works.

Your car sits great. My rear is a lot lower than that which is weird.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm

152 is correct for rear. Apologies - my bad. I've edited my earlier post.

My springs are KHFL151 SSL front and KHRL152 SSL rear, just checked.

Hope the new one fixes it. Nothing worse than the space ship ready for launch look.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm

Red Lion your wagon is heavier in the rear than the sedan. There ts a 'HD' suffix for wagon rear applications. Using the sedan part will result in lower rear ride height. The actual spring rate would likely be different too.

Edit

Have you got HD rear springs?