Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Actually good point. My sedan has a tow bar on it too. Not sure how much that weighs. I've never used it, so might end up taking it off. That may raise my rear end by 5 mm. But not sure.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Actually good point. My sedan has a tow bar on it too. Not sure how much that weighs. I've never used it, so might end up taking it off. That may raise my rear end by 5 mm. But not sure.

if you can please do another measure from hub cap to rim and share with me what result you get. Thanks

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Will do next week. Out of town for long weekend

Mick SSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV Redline
Just got mine back from shop and really happy with height. Rides much nicer over bumps than it did with SSSL.
Its now got SL front and rear. So sits about 10mm higher than SS Flo Rida's car.

For my needs perfect balance between looks and ride quality over the bumpy roads we have here.

View attachment 191718
I like the ride height, looks well balanced, I'm picking up my new Redline next week and looking at a set of Pedder's coil overs but undecided with the final ride height. What is your final ride height and where did you meas from?

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Just measured mine from wheel arch to centre cap.

375mm front
380mm rear

Fronts have been on for about 4 weeks longer. Took some pics and I'll post it when I'm home.

Edit: here we go. (sorry it's dirty)
lowered edit.jpg

Last edited:

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
I like the ride height, looks well balanced, I'm picking up my new Redline next week and looking at a set of Pedder's coil overs but undecided with the final ride height. What is your final ride height and where did you meas from?

Here it is after 1000km and loaded trip in weekend over dirt roads and all. So had a good work out.
Just re measured heights on our warehouse floor at work, so should be flat. But using measuring tape. So maybe not 100%
Done from bottom of rim to bottom of guard. More accurate than hub center for me.
FR 655cm
FL 651cm
RR 643cm
LR 645cm
So all slightly different, but you would never tell looking at car. Also different to what shop measured. Interesting my front measure is reverse to shop. They had LF higher. When I look at my post above.
1/3 tank of gas and car has towbar. Back does come down slightly with full tank.
2017-05-15 15_28_28-Settings.jpg

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did any of you guys consider H&R Springs? They seem to have a good reputation online.

Also with lowering the VFII does that affect the camber or anything to do with ESC(stability control)?

Last edited:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Did any of you guys consider H&R Springs? They seem to have a good reputation online.

Also with lowering the VFII does that affect the camber or anything to do with ESC(stability control)?

Only one option for height with H&R to my knowledge. Otherwise yes they're a good product. Very well regarded worldwide.

Does lowering affect camber, yes. And toe. Not just on VF II but on any vehicle. Always should get a wheel alignment when you disassemble reassemble suspension or steering components especially if changing any component. Going to KHFL-151SSL gets the car close to max front camber adjustment but this is not a problem. If lowering the rear, the hysteresis (play) in the upper outer upright pivot bolt holes can be exploited to maximize favorable camber adjustment. All of this should be well known by a competent installer/aligner.

A competently done wheel alignment will have thr car running perfectly and won't affect ESC.

Last edited:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Here it is after 1000km and loaded trip in weekend over dirt roads and all. So had a good work out.
Just re measured heights on our warehouse floor at work, so should be flat. But using measuring tape. So maybe not 100%
Done from bottom of rim to bottom of guard. More accurate than hub center for me.
FR 655cm
FL 651cm
RR 643cm
LR 645cm
So all slightly different, but you would never tell looking at car. Also different to what shop measured. Interesting my front measure is reverse to shop. They had LF higher. When I look at my post above.
1/3 tank of gas and car has towbar. Back does come down slightly with full tank.
View attachment 191992

Lookin good.

Assume you mean mm not cm lol.

Centre of hub to guard lip is a more consistent measurement obviously because it eliminates the rim diameter variable and allows car to car comparison better. If you find it difficult, average the guard lip to top and then bottom of centre cap.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
FR 655cm
FL 651cm
RR 643cm
LR 645cm
View attachment 191992

How is the ride feel vs the stock springs? You are still using the factory shocks right?