Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Good springs. Eibach are widely used around the world. Nearly went with these too.
Same height at Kings SSL in a sedan.

To me 'Designed to work with OEM shocks' sounds like pure marketing.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Good springs. Eibach are widely used around the world. Nearly went with these too.

Eibach is used OEM by Mercedes-Benz and AMG and the Black Series use KW.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual

Really? According their website they claim to lower to 370 mm - 375 mm Front and Rear. Would that not be closer to Kings SL's?

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
i have these fitted to my series 1 calais v and they are great.not harsh, very comfortable and the ideal height i think.
cheers
rick

wheels6.jpg

wheels7.jpg

wheels5.jpg

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
yes i did go with the pro kit.the rear comes down a bit lower than the 375.more like 365ish.still got some rake but is a bit lower than they say.front was spot on the 370mm. i would say for everyday driving these are fine with the standard shocks,but for any regular spirited or track driving i think then go with the short shocks.personally i like the feel of the car and it does hang on much better but in an ideal world short shocks,maybe, depends what your after. these suit me fine.i have been down the coilover etc track and never again.this is the second car i have put eibach in,other was a LS1 VY Berlina, and both times very happy.
cheers
rick

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes i did go with the pro kit.the rear comes down a bit lower than the 375.more like 365ish.still got some rake but is a bit lower than they say.front was spot on the 370mm. i would say for everyday driving these are fine with the standard shocks,but for any regular spirited or track driving i think then go with the short shocks.personally i like the feel of the car and it does hang on much better but in an ideal world short shocks,maybe, depends what your after. these suit me fine.i have been down the coilover etc track and never again.this is the second car i have put eibach in,other was a LS1 VY Berlina, and both times very happy.
cheers
rick

Any issues with scraping or bottoming out?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
nope,not a one so far.had them for a couple of months.
cheers
rick
sorry mate for all of the questions. So are you saying the Pro Kits lower the car more at the back than the front? if that is the case, that seems to do the opposite of Kings Springs which generally have a higher back than front. Is your Calais a V8 or V6?

Also did you do any other mods to the suspension other than new Springs? How much did it roughly cost?

Last edited: