Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
yes I recall you making this recommendation earlier so when I asked the suspension place how much it worked out to be the same price as supplying and fitting the springs. Does that sound right? I expected it to be much less
? Not sure if you mean the same price again i.e. double or the same price i.e. no extra. Suspect the former from the rest of your post though.
If it is more than $140 extra so supply and fit the mounts along with doing the spring job, go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
ahh sorry I didn't explain my self very well. So basically double the price with the mounts fitted.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
ahh sorry I didn't explain my self very well. So basically double the price with the mounts fitted.
Yeah, that's a lot extra for $140-$165 worth (depending on the retailer) of parts requiring no additional labour to install during the spring change save for taking them out of the box they're supplied in, geez.

I'd be getting a second quote, seriously.

Walfers62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS-V Redline Manual
Sorry if i've missed it on a previous page, but what have people paid for lowering? i am looking at doing SSL all round on a sedan with the above mentioned bushes

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
has anyone heard a rumour about Holden fitting incorrect springs in the VFII's somehwere during 2016 which has led to the high ride height they seem to have? Spoke to a suspension guy today and he said that he has had a few cases where FE3 VFII customers cars have been fitted with springs that were different and higher than that of earlier manufactured models?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pedders have quoted me $400 to fit springs that I supply or they can supply at the same price. alignment is another 120. Total cost to me for to supply and have them do the work is $915. Is that a fair price or too steep?