Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

bjjfighter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve sv6 thunder ute
I'm looking at getting mine redline lowered in tow weeks. i getting extractors fitted. i don't want the car scrapping in shopping centres and drives ways and want it legal. what heights would i ask for ?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
bjjfighter:2815765 said:
I'm looking at getting mine redline lowered in tow weeks. i getting extractors fitted. i don't want the car scrapping in shopping centres and drives ways and want it legal. what heights would i ask for ?

1. Lowering a car increases the risk of scraping. Accept that.
2. Fit extractors.
3. Find out minimum legal ground clearance from your State authority website.
4. Measure extractor to ground clearance or whatever part of the car is lowest, but I assume it'll be extractors. This will give you a value of how far you can lower the car.
5. Armed with this figure assess by measuring centre of hub to guard all round if you want to lower it this far or less.
6. Lower away!

Last edited:

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
What saroadie said but also depends on what extractors and cats you fit. With the Walkinshaw system the cats are set back under the front seats and the 5 inch diameter and central position means they are the lowest point. I've scrapped mine a couple of times but I'm not that fussed. I'm more paranoid about scraping the front bar on steep driveways. I did it on my old 2013 VF SS. So I got the sports armour but I didn't on my series 2 because I hate the look of it on. Sounds like you'll need to go 375mm if clearance is a concern. It won't look lowered it just won't look jacked up sky high like they do stock which lets face it looks crap. Otherwise go to 360 or even 350 and just be cautious. It can be done

Last edited:

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
As long as in the end they sort it, that's all that matters.

Yeah mate apparently kings warehouse picked the order wrong and sent the VE springs to the fitters. It's one digit in the part number off what it should have been. They're fitting the correct fronts this Saturday so after nearly 6 weeks and the third figment of fronts and another alignment finally it should be right!

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Yeah mate apparently kings warehouse picked the order wrong and sent the VE springs to the fitters. It's one digit in the part number off what it should have been. They're fitting the correct fronts this Saturday so after nearly 6 weeks and the third figment of fronts and another alignment finally it should be right!

Great to hear your car is finally gonna be sorted. Thanks so much for the update here too, it's good if all contribute to paint an accurate picture of part numbers and ride heights to assist others selecting springs. My springs and shocks arrived today. I'll be sticking them in next week then off to the aligners. Hoping the ride heights work out!

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I have an SSV was wondering if lowering also stiffens up body roll a little and/or are there other options for doing this? Also does altering the rake change the balance of the car?

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i have a series 1 redline i lowered it with pedders and it has stiffened quite a bit also what is the rwkw you are getting with the w375

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
i have a series 1 redline i lowered it with pedders and it has stiffened quite a bit also what is the rwkw you are getting with the w375

Rolled up 277RWKW with 7km on clock. They want it back after I've done 10000km for a touch up tune (dude reckons he will be able to add in a little more timing advance). Cars now done nearly 7000km and feels so much looser through the driveline. Hopefully it will see 280RWKW. Will also ask if they will back off the torque control a little more. Happy to post up sheet if any one wants.