Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
I've been told by the company I'm getting my springs from that the sssl will get me to approx 360mm all round (although it seems someone has ssl and got to 362mm). He's also strongly advised I use shortened bump stops when using the stock struts, does that sound right?

Vinnie take aaronm's advice and leave it in their hands. Assuming your ride is a VF2 V.8 it would be the same as mine and SSL will give you ~360mm. The issue with mine was kings sent the wrong fronts. They were a VE part number. SSSL will give you around ~350mm on a VF2. They will sit a bit lower than a VF1 due to the extra weight of the full size spare in the boot. I went for 360mm due to my extractors and cats and a steep driveway.
Yes you'll need shortened bumpstops they're only $10.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
I've been told by the company I'm getting my springs from that the sssl will get me to approx 360mm all round (although it seems someone has ssl and got to 362mm). He's also strongly advised I use shortened bump stops when using the stock struts, does that sound right?

Glad you got sorted that must of been pretty annoying. How's the height with speed bumps, driveways and average gutter clearance with front spoiler? Have you put any pics up?

One last question for all sorry. Are the Pedders and King springs progressive or linear?

Howdy Jarp

No dramas so far but I'm careful what I drive over. Any doubts I go to plan B. Hasn't been a problem tho it's not on its guts so to speak. They're progressive rate springs for the VF mate. See pics taken today

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375

Glad you got sorted that must of been pretty annoying. How's the height with speed bumps, driveways and average gutter clearance with front spoiler? Have you put any pics up?

One last question for all sorry. Are the Pedders and King springs progressive or linear?

57AJW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Man that looks good, now I want to do mine!

Last edited:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Looks very nice

bjjfighter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 ve sv6 thunder ute
any one used walkinshaw springs? or a kings better ?

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
SS Flo Rida:2817120 said:
Hi Jarp
I finally got mine sorted this week. Kings SSL on all corners with a height of 362mm front and rear. It has taken out the body roll and is quite a firm ride especially with the 20s on it. Handling wise with the standard SS struts still is unbelievably good! Well balanced and all round better. I have lost a little ride comfort but at least it handles now

Hey SS Flo Rida, great to hear you're all sorted in the ride height department. Any plans for shocks or do you think unnecessary?