Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering Vn-Vp

Discussion in 'VN - VP Holden Commodore (1988 - 1993)' started by scared_, Jul 27, 2006.

1. scared_

scared_ Guest

just a few quick questions, ive got a vp thats has pedders lowered suspesion, springs and shocks front and back. how much would it effect the car by cutting the front springs making the front 1-1.5" lower? worth getting strut braces or pointless. also where can i get an adjustable panhard rod from, my rear end has been pushed across and if i get the rims i want they wont fit on one side, trying to get VZ calais rims, 17"X8".

2. CSL

CSL Member

Members Ride:
    missus (in more ways than one)
    carn mate, dont cut your springs, they wont be trapped and will wiggle, which could be dangers, buy superlows off eaby, there is one seller selling superlows with an adjustable rod for a little over 300

3. beefcream

beefcream Lethal LOKKA

Members Ride:
    VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
    cuttin front springs probally wouldnt matter cause the strut will trap it but still its much better to grab super or ultra kings! dont kno bout strut brace, ive heard good things bout them but i dont use one yet. u can get an adj panhard rod form any auto store, autobarn etc they mostly sell whiteline ones.

4. 1991_Vn2nV

1991_Vn2nV New Member

Members Ride:
    91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
    You cut your springs and your a fuggin idiot. Dont be a loser. Spend $120 on some ultralow King Springs.

Is $120 for king springs worth more than your safety? Or the safety of the other people on the road? Is it worth the sacrifice in ride quality? Worth the sacrifice in handling? Dont be an idiot.

5. mouce

mouce Physics Geek

Members Ride:
    VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
    Cut springs are illegal. Have an accident with cut springs in your car and you can kiss your insurance goodbye.

6. HDT_aero

HDT_aero Banned

Members Ride:
    manual VN aero
    dont cut them its very bad and near impossible to match a pair if you really want to get out of it cheap get a suspension shop to compress the springs lower but you would be best off just buying lower springs

7. fazz1977

fazz1977 myspace.com/fazz_himself

Members Ride:
    1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
    My g/f's old VK had cut springs (done by her phukwit ex boyfriend mechanic), it handled like poo, the springs would grind and groan and basically the whole thing was dodgy at best.

Don't do it.

8. PaRaDoX

PaRaDoX Because Racecouch...

Members Ride:
    none
    lol with prices of springs who needs to cut them???? i got mine for $95 a pair (king spirng supers/ultra's) monroe GT gas shocks $110 a pair (shorts at rear)
    ajustable panhard rod $95... , she sits on her ass, and rear end will be dropped more when the lpg tank goes in, cutting springs is stupid because a standard spring is designed for a certin ammount of weight before it reaches max compression, (bottoms out)

by removing coils you reduce the max weight on the car, YES the car sits lower but NO the car will not handle better, the springs will still be soft... you'll get rice bounce, i dont care if people say they will be locked in, its not that you gotta worry about with fronts... cut your springs and your a cheap ass..... all it takes is a pot hole for your suspension to bottom out meanwhile the wheels arnt tracking... you turn the steering rack and the wheels come in contact with the road again, and the car is instantly sent sideways into a obsitcle at the side of the road.... when it comes to suspension DONT cut corners, its simply not worth it... its ILLEAGLE for a bloody good reason!!!

$95... is your life worth that????

your choice

9. Morton

Morton For external use only

Members Ride:
    Fairstar the Funship
    Those are bloody good prices, Paradox. Where'd you pick them up?

10. PaRaDoX

PaRaDoX Because Racecouch...

Members Ride:
    none
    lol Online performance auto's went in for the group buy except i picked mine up from hallam,

they're usually $120 a pair from that shop!!!!!!!!
    its on ebay hes a top bloke to deal with and they do have a store
    we have a bit of dealings with them