Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering Vn-Vp

S

scared_

just a few quick questions, ive got a vp thats has pedders lowered suspesion, springs and shocks front and back. how much would it effect the car by cutting the front springs making the front 1-1.5" lower? worth getting strut braces or pointless. also where can i get an adjustable panhard rod from, my rear end has been pushed across and if i get the rims i want they wont fit on one side, trying to get VZ calais rims, 17"X8".

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
carn mate, dont cut your springs, they wont be trapped and will wiggle, which could be dangers, buy superlows off eaby, there is one seller selling superlows with an adjustable rod for a little over 300

beefcream

Lethal LOKKA
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5speed (project) VN exec v6 (daily)
cuttin front springs probally wouldnt matter cause the strut will trap it but still its much better to grab super or ultra kings! dont kno bout strut brace, ive heard good things bout them but i dont use one yet. u can get an adj panhard rod form any auto store, autobarn etc they mostly sell whiteline ones.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
You cut your springs and your a fuggin idiot. Dont be a loser. Spend $120 on some ultralow King Springs.

Is $120 for king springs worth more than your safety? Or the safety of the other people on the road? Is it worth the sacrifice in ride quality? Worth the sacrifice in handling? Dont be an idiot.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Cut springs are illegal. Have an accident with cut springs in your car and you can kiss your insurance goodbye.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
dont cut them its very bad and near impossible to match a pair if you really want to get out of it cheap get a suspension shop to compress the springs lower but you would be best off just buying lower springs

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
My g/f's old VK had cut springs (done by her phukwit ex boyfriend mechanic), it handled like poo, the springs would grind and groan and basically the whole thing was dodgy at best.

Don't do it.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
lol with prices of springs who needs to cut them???? i got mine for $95 a pair (king spirng supers/ultra's) monroe GT gas shocks $110 a pair (shorts at rear)
ajustable panhard rod $95... , she sits on her ass, and rear end will be dropped more when the lpg tank goes in, cutting springs is stupid because a standard spring is designed for a certin ammount of weight before it reaches max compression, (bottoms out)

by removing coils you reduce the max weight on the car, YES the car sits lower but NO the car will not handle better, the springs will still be soft... you'll get rice bounce, i dont care if people say they will be locked in, its not that you gotta worry about with fronts... cut your springs and your a cheap ass..... all it takes is a pot hole for your suspension to bottom out meanwhile the wheels arnt tracking... you turn the steering rack and the wheels come in contact with the road again, and the car is instantly sent sideways into a obsitcle at the side of the road.... when it comes to suspension DONT cut corners, its simply not worth it... its ILLEAGLE for a bloody good reason!!!

$95... is your life worth that????

your choice

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Those are bloody good prices, Paradox. Where'd you pick them up?