Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LOWERING VN WAGON

74MUNRO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
G'day Gang,

I realize this topic has been discussed previously, however I'm still a bit hazy and looking for other folk's experiences.

I've got a bog-stock 91 VN Exec Wagon that I want to lower by 2"...I have purchased the Lowered King Springs and Monroe Gas Shocks, and an adjustable Panhard Rod.
I have put the 15x7 Pursuits, and 225x60R15 rubber on.

A mate rolled my guards for me, however I am still concerned the tyres will rub on the higher inner guard where it rolls in towards the body.

What is everyone's experience with this setup? Am I going to get rubbage??

The Pursuits and 225's seem to be a common setup, and I have seen pics of slammed VNs. Is this a size that is going to allow free travel on front and rear?
Or am I facing the fact of either not lowering it, or changing back to the stock 15x6's and thinner tyres?

Thanks in advance!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have 225/50X16 on 8" rims with a 2" lowering job with my VC and I have no rubbing...

1623826029315.png

A picture just to show how low it actually is and how I have no rubbing, so your 15X7's with 225/60X15 aren't going to rub

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
mine was lowered but it was a bush job..ie the springs were cut down i run 16'' with guards rolled and although it handled like it was on rails the front tyres rubbed mainly when you were turning into a slow corner with a dip like someones driveway..... i now have it back to stock ...i miss how it handles but ive just spent a ****load on a respray and i dont want the tyres rubbing

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
other things to consider...will you be able to get your jack under the car if you suffer a flat tyre? some shopping centre speed humps are quite over the top and numerous times my wagon would cop a huge bang as i drove over a speed hump.... the front end of my wagon resembled the toe in of a V8 supercar, looked good but in reality my front tyres got scrubbed out in no time......also what i noticed because you sit lower in the car the oncoming headlights would line up and shine right into your eyes....not sure if it was just me but it was noticeable, maybe cause iam and old dude my eyes copped it i dunno:)

H

harrop.senator

It'll be fine if the Panhard rod is set up correctly. Also be weary it mightn't be much lower with just the "lowered" king's. 30 years sags a stock coil pretty good.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
I have put the 15x7 Pursuits, and 225x60R15 rubber on.
A mate rolled my guards for me, however I am still concerned the tyres will rub on the higher inner guard where it rolls in towards the body.
What is everyone's experience with this setup? Am I going to get rubbage??
Be aware sedan and ute 15x7 rims use different offsets and this is were you probaly get rubbing issues. Mates use 15x7 with 235x60x15 for drags and ok and as @harrop.senator pointed out, make sure panrod bar is adjusted right and you will be fine, going lower different story.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Expect tyre bulge or sidewall to rub on front strut or most likely in rear the lower you have it being wagon/ute

H

harrop.senator

What's the offset on the chasers?

I've had 16x7.5 +25 with 225's really low on the ute and 245s on the sedan.

Rolled guards , not pumped .

74MUNRO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Be aware sedan and ute 15x7 rims use different offsets and this is were you probaly get rubbing issues. Mates use 15x7 with 235x60x15 for drags and ok and as @harrop.senator pointed out, make sure panrod bar is adjusted right and you will be fine, going lower different story.

The Pursuits I have are two different types. They look the same outside, but the actual hoop is different and they have different codes stamped into them.
Does anyone know which offset / code I should be using for a Wagon?