Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VS costs and looks

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey Guys,

Been tossing up between getting my VS lowered or an ss bodykit. I think I am going to go with the lowering as i think it will effect the car more and look nicer.

At the moment I have stock springs.

What I am looking for:

- front slightly lowered (just about tyre level)
- rear wheel (at tyre level) BTW: I measured how high my body is off my tyre atm and it is 70mm higher than the tyre height, that normal?

I don't want the ride quality to subside much at all though, how low can they get without becoming annoying?

Also I see people on the forums selling suspensions for cheap, was just wondering what it would cost for my VS (dunno what axle it is) to get them new and also the cost to get them put on my car? If possible maybe someone that works with cars could give me a good price on getting them installed even? (Brisbane area 4500)

For visuals could you also tell me what im looking for for the height or comfort? SL SSL SSSL Ultra Low whatever? maybe pics of your car and what they are?

Thanks alot for the help guys

Matt

Last edited:

k-loww

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim.
I put the ssl king springs in the back of mine. Droped it 3 inch so the tyre sits at the wheel well. Really good to drive. Dosent scrub out much.
My mate has ultra lows and hates it. It scrapes on everything and is a real nuisance.

Can't help you on price. I got mine 2nd hand from a mate.

MGNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Commodore series 2
mines on super lows, rides fine, stock shocks too.
my springs cost me 200 bucks for the set of 4.

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I have Pedder lows which are the same as King Spring Super Lows

Don't scrub unless your flying over speed humps, it just hates people in the back seat.

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
hey mate, i recommend you definately PM Greg @ GSLRALLYSPORT on the forum, he has awesome packages for lowering commodores, and provides you with helpful information on anything you want to know, as he did with me when i was enquiring about lowering a car, from memory, if you go lower than SSL you need a camber kit for a IRS axle or a adjustable panhard rod.

to get it sitting level, many put sl in the front and ssl in the rear, not overly a fan but it works.. also consider the fe2 height suspension.

you should also have a look through the VR-VS ride threads as you'll see different cars with different setups, personally one that stood out to me was how dbarnes got his equipe to sit. hope he doesnt mind me posting his link up but have a look as its great for inspiration of other projects you may want to do etc.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/77022-96-vs-series-2-equipe.html

also if you are planning on changing/adding new wheels on to your ride, i recommend that you do that first before you lower the car as itll save you the hassle of having to change your springs say if you lower it to low then put 19's on it and then it scrubs..

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
also if you are planning on changing/adding new wheels on to your ride, i recommend that you do that first before you lower the car as itll save you the hassle of having to change your springs say if you lower it to low then put 19's on it and then it scrubs..

If I change the tyres they will get changed to 17inch, that's as big as I want.

So from what I've seen from comments back, I think the Pedders are to go with (from other threads I've read) and that 'Pedder Lows' will be good. I don't speed over the bumps anyways, i take them slow with stock on lol

@ hsv91ss . How much did it cost? Did you get Pedder Lows put in all round? thanks. Also thanks to k-loww too, may look into them also.

Prices guy is an important thing im looking at here too! (searched websites and cant get a figure)

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim wagon s2
was looking in lowering my vs wagon too mate. we have a pedders suspension shop here at west burliegh so will be going there tomorrow and asking how much a set of low spring will cost.

does anyone know the tools needed to change springs. i read somewhere that i need a spring compressor?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
was looking in lowering my vs wagon too mate. we have a pedders suspension shop here at west burliegh so will be going there tomorrow and asking how much a set of low spring will cost.

does anyone know the tools needed to change springs. i read somewhere that i need a spring compressor?

Cool! Make sure you find out the cost of install too yeah? thanks a heap

fod8u

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
anyone know (with stock everything including wheel diameter) if ultralows will give you a legal ride height in victoria?
cheers

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
i would think it would be to low with stock everything.. i had ultra lows in my ute with 19" rims and it was just legal height..