Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering Vs Ute ?

pattman271

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS s-pac Ute
I have a VS ute but i have read some articles about lowwering them but there have been some different things about lowering it :s
Some people say just spring like kingspring and stock shocks but i have read that can cause problems like damaging you DIF etc.
Whats the best way to go?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can't possibly damage your diff by retaqining the standard shocks. It is best to fit shortened shocks to the rear to trap the springs, as when going over substantial bumps, the rear springs can dislodge. By substantial bump, I mean almost getting airborne. But normal driving you shouldn't have any problems. I do lowering packages for the VS for $595 shipped. Kingspring superlows and Ultima heavy duty shocks and struts.

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Remember when lowering a vs ute youll need either shortend bumpstops or cut the stock ones to give it clearance

pattman271

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS s-pac Ute
Yeah i wasnt sure about the dif but thanks for the info ill consider the package you do and ill be incontact if i cant get any cheeper
Cheers,