Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VS wagon - Questions

~Lauren~

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon V6
Hi, I am going to get my wagon lowered. It has a live axle.

It has the standard front struts on it, do I have to get new ones for it to be lowered, or can I leave the ones already on it?

New springs, rear shocks etc are going on, but we're just not sure if the front shocks need to be changed. Can we just swap the inserts maybe? Or are they a solid unit on the vs's?

Car has 17's on it and is only being lowered about 2.5 inches.

Also, am going to need an adjustable camber kit for the front, can anyone direct me to a good price, or some in ex cond secondhand?

Thanks! ;)

Last edited:

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
for your fronts you can keep the stock shocks and just swap the springs, prob better to replace them if you have the money cause they will prob be stuffed if they are the factory shocks. you wont need a camber kit either they are mainly used for the rears on a car with irs. oh and the front shocks are a complete unit, not inserts like older models.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
And you will need and adjustable panhard rod for the back to get the car tracking right you can pick up a new one for a little under $200 good luck and don't forget to chuck up some pics of the before and afters

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
And you will need and adjustable panhard rod for the back to get the car tracking right you can pick up a new one for a little under $200 good luck and don't forget to chuck up some pics of the before and afters

Ideally yes but not needed, many people are running superlows on standard panhard rod with no issues, including me.

~Lauren~

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon V6
Thanks!!

I have brought some new KYB struts to go on.

re the camber kit, so I don't need to put it on the front hey?