Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering vx with 245/45 r18's

vxec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec 6
I'm looking to lower my vx with ultra low king springs or at least super lows. I'v figured i'd need to roll the guards to fit in a set of 245/45 r18's but I want to know how low i can go. I have searched some threads but havn't found a straight answer. Thanks

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
I'm looking to lower my vx with ultra low king springs or at least super lows. I'v figured i'd need to roll the guards to fit in a set of 245/45 r18's but I want to know how low i can go. I have searched some threads but havn't found a straight answer. Thanks

Not sure with VX but mine are 245 45 r18s i think and mine is on ultra lows and it use to scrape like a bitch till i rolled the guards and now it barely scrapes so you might be ok with ultra lows but like i said not sure if vx would be same situation...

michael9s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss series ||
I have 245/40 s on my vx ss lowered with super lows doesn't scrape. ! Come close too
Ultra lows hmmm :/

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok you wont get 245/45R18 on anything but a ve, the fronts will hit the strut vx are 235/40R18 or 245/40R18 but they will scrub if car is lowered.

Yes you can… I have 245/45R18s on my VR sitting on ultra lows and doesnt scrape or hit the struts.. the only time it scrapes is when i turn really sharp and hit a bump and it hits the front fender or something...

simple wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore Sports Wagon
Yes you can… I have 245/45R18s on my VR sitting on ultra lows and doesnt scrape or hit the struts.. the only time it scrapes is when i turn really sharp and hit a bump and it hits the front fender or something...

Yeah well id like to see that as i have seen it tried and it doesnt work. so maybe you need to look again. also you would be stupid running that size even if they did fit as it would throw out your speedo

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
my vx ss is lowered and 245/35's on 19x8.5'' rims and its fine, doesent scrape at all ?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah well id like to see that as i have seen it tried and it doesnt work. so maybe you need to look again. also you would be stupid running that size even if they did fit as it would throw out your speedo

Ok il take a pic just for you doesn't scrape one bit.. also it doesn't throw your speedo. . The cars you probaly seen it tried on probally did not have a panhard bar to make them fit.

slickrick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss
My vx senator has got super lows all round and I run 235/35-19's. No scraping at all. Just make sure you get the right offset rims and you will be sweet. Also don't forget to fit camber/toe correction kits if you go super lows.