Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering vy helppp!

calais2dy4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY calais
hey guys, ive got a VY calais with 20"' rims, 245 width and 30 profile...i want to get it lowered to sit on a mint height, however i dont want any rubbing or scraping on bumps what so ever...considering getting my guards rolled and flared aswell..advice please?
cheers !

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
I have a vz sv6 with 225/35R20's with SL springs and guards rolled.. The rear sits just at the top of the tyre and the front sits a few mm above so you can still turn properly.. (check out my ride for pics)

Spb

VROOOM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Yeah if you dont go too low it shouldnt be a problem if the guards are rolled. If you need your guards done, try Gavin from Low Down guard rolling, top bloke who does an awesome job, and doesnt charge an arm and a leg

calais2dy4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY calais
im going to lower it with superlows all around....do i need new struts and shocks or do you think it'll be fine with the stock shocks?
thanks

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
Id go SSL in the rear. Otherwise it won't sit level

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Id go SSL in the rear. Otherwise it won't sit level

I'd love to know how you work that one out. Last car i lowerd on SL the back sunk further than the front.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
I'd love to know how you work that one out. Last car i lowerd on SL the back sunk further than the front.

That's uncommon. Vys usually dont sit level unless you go one lower in the rear. I have SSSL in the back and SSL in the front and just sits level. I can show you a photo of my mates car with SL all around and it doesn't sit level. Rear end looks a little bit higher

SV6SIDI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV REDLINE, FG XR6 TURBO
That's uncommon. Vys usually dont sit level unless you go one lower in the rear. I have SSSL in the back and SSL in the front and just sits level. I can show you a photo of my mates car with SL all around and it doesn't sit level. Rear end looks a little bit higher

I got sl all around on my vy calais. From the side it looks like the front Is lower than the back. But when the car gets put into D it looks fairly level as the back drops slightly.Hope that helps

calais2dy4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY calais
thanks guys!
yeah i got told from other mates to go SSL in the rear aswell because SL only make a minor difference to the hight....so even with SSL in the back and SL in the front, stock shocks and struts should be fine? got told might have a bumpy ride. cheers

1sttimeSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS auto
Which springs and shocks did you go with? Any photo's? I've got a VY SS I want to lower but want to get the ride level looking right, first time.