Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering vy II - answer?

themark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyII wagon
ok so ive searched and every answer seems to vbe different so im hoping for a definitive answer here.
im lowering my wagon with superlows and am intending to put 19s on it. will i or wont i need a camber kit?
im aware that the vy IIs have the toe adjustment but will this be enough or will i still need a camber kit?

thanks

mark

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
The main man you'll wanna ask is gslrallysport, one of the Sponers here. this is the link to one of his threads on lowering (easier to PM him)

But anyway to help you further, I was emailing asking him the same question. And he said to me:
"It's only IRS cars that need the camber kit, and given yours is Pre VX2 you'll need a 4pt kit when going to super low springs. VX2 onwards can get away without the kit because they have factory adjustment, but anything before really needs the kit because there's no adjustment as stock."
As mine is a VS model. I'll need the 4pt kit.

Yours however cld get away without it. Although it is possible (also good idea if u go ultra low i suppose) for a 2pt kit.

Hope this at all helps. just PM 'gslrallysport' he'll help.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I have lower than superlows on my VY2 Calais and it has plenty of camber adjustment still available on stock bushes. My rears have stuff all camber and are right where Pedders set them. Handles well and tyre wear is surprisingly even considering the hard time I give it out of corners.

FE2 sway bars are at least a minimum and upgrading to some even stiffer ones would be my advice if possible. Keep in mind that with stiff sways you need to be on your toes abit more when thrashing it as there's not as much warning hat the car is about to let go