Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VZ V6

knicky91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive
Hi, i am definately going to lower my VZ v6 exec but i was wondering what springs in the rear i should choose (SL or SSL). I have ordered King SL Springs for the front and want the car sitting level.
I know there are many threads on this but my difference is that i have a LPG system installed which adds ~90kg in in my boot and a 15kg sub box and amp.
I have 20" rims and want the guards sitting on or near the rim. I have my guards rolled with a camber kit installed as well preparing for the mod.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i was talking to GSL Rallysport about this the other week, ssl according to GSL is mostly for looks and will decrease handling, and the guard will sit about ~1 inch OVER the tyre (tyre will be in the guard)...SL i worked out on my car using masking tape sits pretty much 1 inch above the tyre, its abit lower then the SS's etc...increase handling too...i think SL is the way to go to make it level out and sit just nicely

knicky91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive
to be honest, im not going to take my car to a track so handling isnt really my first priority.
Anyway i bought SL for the rears as driving cars which are so low often piss me off after a while. Practicality is always an important factor...

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
i have SL rear, SSL front and it sits level in drive