Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering with RACV insurance!

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have been with RACV for maybe 15 years, they must have recently changed their policy, my VX SS has its cat back exhaust listed on my policy as a 'Sports Exhaust', our VC SL has extractors and they are listed, admitedly both these cars have been with RACV for many years so they might have changed their rules, but definetly listed as modifications on our paper work and appear on the renewal notices.

Slightly off subject, but my daughter got her insurance in on her Mazda 3 from RACV, she rang AAMI and they were $300 cheaper than RACV with a higher agreed value, so she switched to AAMI, my VX SS is due next month will be interesting to do a comparison on that.

Thetucc6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hahahahaha thank you so much for this fellas! thats great news! :)

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
I have been with RACV for maybe 15 years, they must have recently changed their policy, my VX SS has its cat back exhaust listed on my policy as a 'Sports Exhaust', our VC SL has extractors and they are listed, admitedly both these cars have been with RACV for many years so they might have changed their rules, but definetly listed as modifications on our paper work and appear on the renewal notices.

Slightly off subject, but my daughter got her insurance in on her Mazda 3 from RACV, she rang AAMI and they were $300 cheaper than RACV with a higher agreed value, so she switched to AAMI, my VX SS is due next month will be interesting to do a comparison on that.

Id say its still on there as you had them listed when we used to list modifications, though its all automatically covered now.
In regards to your daughters quote with Aami, you will always find a cheaper quote elsewhere, RACV aren't the cheapest company around, nor do we advertise as such, so many people switch from them to another company due to a cheaper price then try to make a claim and soon find out why they are cheaper.
It's a simple rule, if your getting given a cheaper price, there's a reason for it. I won't go into specifics as its illegal for me to make direct comment on other companies, but id suggest you read through the 'product disclosure statement' of any insurance companies that your considering moving to. That will outline exactly what you are and aren't covered for, what benefits your entitled to when making a claim, and what charges you may be up for in the claims process. You can get this sent out in the mail or via email for free if you request it from any Insurance company. If they deny you of it, hang up.
I have heard a lot of people talk about having to pay for assessments, towing costs, transit fee's ect through out their claim which is total crap, thats what you are meant to be paying your premiums each year for.
RACV are more expensive at times because basically you pay for what you get, and comparing out PDS with a third party company will prove that point.
In saying that, go with what suits you, your needs, your families needs and your budget, just don't think something is 'better' because its cheaper.
There's a reason that companies advertise as cheaper, or "budget" >_>

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
[/QUOTE] It's a simple rule, if your getting given a cheaper price, there's a reason for it. I won't go into specifics as its illegal for me to make direct comment on other companies, but id suggest you read through the 'product disclosure statement' of any insurance companies that your considering moving to. That will outline exactly what you are and aren't covered for, what benefits your entitled to when making a claim, and what charges you may be up for in the claims process. You can get this sent out in the mail or via email for free if you request it from any Insurance company. If they deny you of it, hang up.
I have heard a lot of people talk about having to pay for assessments, towing costs, transit fee's ect through out their claim which is total crap, thats what you are meant to be paying your premiums each year for.
RACV are more expensive at times because basically you pay for what you get, and comparing out PDS with a third party company will prove that point.
In saying that, go with what suits you, your needs, your families needs and your budget, just don't think something is 'better' because its cheaper.
There's a reason that companies advertise as cheaper, or "budget" >_>[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will probably leave my VX SS with RACV as they have been offering a pretty high agreed value on it due to it only having 70,000km on it. However in my daughters case a completely standard Mazda 3 and RACV wants $300 more than AAMI for a lower agreed value, $300 is a massive difference, I know a lot don't like AAMI but they can't be that bad or they wouldn't stay in business, pretty disappointed in RACV over this as the Mazda has been with them for around 5 years, I think they need to look at their premiums or they will lose a lot of business, I might even try Shannons for a quote on the SS, and we have read right through AAMI's PDS and there was nothing in it that looked bad.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
just so you know, AAMI didnt pay a single flood claim in the recent flood crisis in brisbane

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
This is my point.
Would you rather save money, then get denied a claim for some reason?
Or would you rather spend the extra cash and be with a company that you know will look after you.
RACV even cover some people when we shouldn't, like if they legitimately forget to pay their renewal and they get cancelled.
Tell me that AAMI would do that for you.
Plus in regards to agreed value, RACV get a market value from the official Glass's Guide, we don't make them up, and we allow you to increase your agreed value by 70% from that market value, or 30% below. They are pretty descent figures.
Just like any company that is more expensive than others for whatever reason, we do lose a lot of business, but the customers that have claimed elsewhere, and have claimed with us, are always the ones that stay and are happy to possibly pay a bit extra for genuine, loyal, trustworthy and true down to earth Australian service.

Thetucc6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hahaha no need to sell urself mate! im sticking with the RACV!! :p

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
hahaha no need to sell urself mate! im sticking with the RACV!! :p

Lol, sorry mate, put my salesman cap on for a second aye.
Just lower end insurance agencies bug the **** out of me >_<
Let's hope i never have to see your car in our repair centre though :)