Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering with RACV insurance!

Thetucc6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
hey guys!
im insured with the racv and im wondering if anybody knows how much u can lower ur car with them? so like if anyone is insured with them and has lowered their car did u guys have any trouble?

cheers!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well if it's valid to you, i'm with AAMI and i told them i lowered my car, they didn't ask how low or anything, just the price of it.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
im pretty sure it was 25mm max when i had insurance through racv.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
If you read your policy, any modification must be reported to them. If you don't and have an accident they can void your policy.

Best to call them first and discuss what you want to do and how it may affect your policy rather than take the advice off the internet as each individual policy is different.

Thetucc6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeh cheers fellas!
just thought i might see if anyone had first!
i will call them though! hoping it can be more than 25 mm :S

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
If you read your policy, any modification must be reported to them. If you don't and have an accident they can void your policy.

Best to call them first and discuss what you want to do and how it may affect your policy rather than take the advice off the internet as each individual policy is different.

Incorrect.

Just to be certain, i called them about 5 times before i lowered the height of my vehicle.

Everytime without fail i would receive the following response:

"No, you do not need to report any modifications to us. As long as you comply with the rules as stated on the VicRoads website everything will be fine".

Therefore: no less than 100mm and must obtain 2/3 of original suspension.

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Incorrect.

"No, you do not need to report any modifications to us. As long as you comply with the rules as stated on the VicRoads website everything will be fine".

Not all insurance companies take that line. So again I encourage the OP to ring and check.

Imagine him having an accident, his policy gets voided because he failed to report a modification. How far do you think he would get stating "A guy on JC said I didn't have to"?

Krilnik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Sashyre:

We're talking about RACV here, as per the subject - "Thread: Lowering with RACV insurance!"

****We are NOT talking about any other insurance company****

I just rang them again. They couldn't care less what mods have been made to my car. As long as they comply with the rules and regulation on the VicRoads website.

Thetucc6 - please ring and confirm this yourself. Let us know what they tell you.

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thetucc6 - please ring and confirm this yourself. Let us know what they tell you.

Pretty much what I am saying - ring and check as every policy is different.

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
Hey mate, figured id help you out and shine some light on this situation.
I work for the RACV, and we are pretty clear on our terms in regards to aftermarket extra's and modifications for ALL of our policies, and unlike all of the other insurance agencies, ours is very simple.
Provided that all aftermarket extra's and modifications are legal, they are fully covered on all of our policies.
We do not list a single extra or modification on our policies, as we cover your car 'as is', and don't try to void our claims just because someone may have forgotten to tell us something that they have on their car.
Also, if your car is written off and you are insured for 'market value', we assess your vehicle, and include all non standard parts in our pay out figure, which includes anything from simply lowering your car, tinting your windows, putting in a sound system, right up to the most extensive of body or engine modifications, but only again if it meets what we classify as "registration requirements".
So if its road worthy, and legal for you to have on your car, then your covered.

Hope that clears things up :)