Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Just wondering if there is any good how to's on the web for lowering the old VT. I had a quick look and only found one shitty thread.

I have SL's and shocks for front and rear, I can get my hands on any tool I need for the job and already have spring compressors. The old man is great with cars and is keen to tackle the job with me, so any tips and tricks that you guys can give me would be great

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
theres a couple of good guides over at ls1.com.au but i think you will have to sign up there to browse it

any tips... alot of WD/CRC if the nuts and bolts are virgins and never been opened before

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Just wondering if there is any good how to's on the web for lowering the old VT. I had a quick look and only found one shitty thread.

I have SL's and shocks for front and rear, I can get my hands on any tool I need for the job and already have spring compressors. The old man is great with cars and is keen to tackle the job with me, so any tips and tricks that you guys can give me would be great

are you putting in a 4pt camber kit aswell as apparently they can be a pain in the arse to do..

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
No camber kits yet, I know i should really get them though.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
camber kits are a good idea, or you will rape your rear tyres

Razzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Yeah I know, the cambers can be something the experts can do when I cough up some cash for them.

Still looking for a nice little guide on lowering the VT though.