Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon And VX SS
I am going to lower my wagon 50mm from standard and i want to know if i have to get shortend shocks or will the standard shocks be fine.And is it very difficult to do.I,ve done front springs before on my old falcon,never done the rear before.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The standard shocks will work fine, but on the rear it is advisable to use shortened shocks to trap the springs.

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for that . now i will have to get some shocks for the rear.:thumbsup:

VYClubby

Proud Clubby Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
294rwkw Oztrack Tuned 220 cam
Actually the rear shocks in a wagon are shorter than a sedan so they are fine. Alot of people intsall wagon shocks in their sedans. Also does an Acclaim have FE2? If so that is fine also. As for how hard it is to do. I do mine in 2 hours in my driveway. I change springs for the drags. On the Street Commodores website in the how to section I have made a thread including pics on how to do it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wagon shocks are shorter than a sedan but when lowering you are still going lower than the standard spring so there is still the risk that they will pop out. It all depends on how low you go though.

Also pretty sure they dont make a shortened shock for IRS.

They do, and I can get them.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually the rear shocks in a wagon are shorter than a sedan so they are fine. Alot of people intsall wagon shocks in their sedans. Also does an Acclaim have FE2? If so that is fine also. As for how hard it is to do. I do mine in 2 hours in my driveway. I change springs for the drags. On the Street Commodores website in the how to section I have made a thread including pics on how to do it.

Thanks for the help.pretty sure my acclaim doesn,t have FE2.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wagon shocks are shorter than a sedan but when lowering you are still going lower than the standard spring so there is still the risk that they will pop out. It all depends on how low you go though.

They do, and I can get them.

Roughly how much are the shocks going to cost,and whats a good brand?