Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowlifes - what to do?

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
A good friend of mine told me today that her car got broken into at the train station this week for the second time in about a month. I went around and checked out the damage - lock popped using exactly the same sized tool from the exact same angle, went through all the same places in the car. So this is the second time the same guy/s have ****ed her around, and since nothing was stolen, the police aren't interested.
Short of sitting in the train station car park all day (which is a VERY tempting option) what can I do to catch these scum?
In the interests of keeping this thread open, please keep the suggestions at least close to the right side of the law

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Not sure mate, it's a hard situation. It's great how the cops are turning victims into criminals now. Good luck with it.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
if they popped the lock any chance of taking off the door skin and fitting some plate to block it?
although that could just lead to a broken window.

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
Maybe see if the trainstation car park has surveillance footage??

VY.abercrombie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S soon to be SS
i say park the car in the same place again one night and hide in a bush with a gun of some sort :)

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
if they popped the lock any chance of taking off the door skin and fitting some plate to block it?
although that could just lead to a broken window.

Hmm, thats worth a shot. Somehow reinforcing the locks so they can't rip them out...it's only a 2 door so it wouldn't be a rediculous job.
I'll suggest it to her, but she isn't overly protective/caring of her car so I'm not sure how she would react to me wanting to pull it apart

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i say park the car in the same place again one night and hide in a bush with a gun of some sort :)

naa not a gun, a bat, take your pick, cricket or baseball :thumbsup:

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Maybe see if the trainstation car park has surveillance footage??

I already checked that out. It's an outer 'burb station, with a didgy car park, and I couldn't see any cameras. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but since its there all day there would be a good 8-10 hours of footage to look through

Apart from the breakins being during the day, thats a bit far the wrong side of the law for a feasible option. I have a feeling shooting some dude would land me in more trouble than it's worth

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
1,what train station?
2,remove anything worth pinching and leave it unlocked.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
1,what train station?
2,remove anything worth pinching and leave it unlocked.

I'm trying to avoid naming the station.
The thing is, they didnt find anything worth stealing the 1st time, so why go back?
And before anyone asks, she has no jealous ex's or anything like that. It'll just be some punk kids asking to get the **** kicked out of them