Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lpg backfire now idleing ruff

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
after a lpg backfire (lose lead) my vp wont idle right even stalls sometimes any ideas as to why would be a huge help

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
check for leaks between the throttlebody and mixer and pull the fuel reg vacuam hose off and make sure no fuel comes out and check the map sensor hose is still attached it could of blasted the map sensor too.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
thanks

i assume that the system the dictates the idle when using fuel isn't used for gas so i will check the things you said when it stops raining funny thing is it runs fine at reves its just idle so when driving it its fine its just at the lights ect it runs like a piece of crap

DavoVP

Reaction score
Yes your IAC is still used. Pretty much all thats happening is, the gas system in cutting power to your injectors and opening a couple of solenoids to let the gas feed through, the rest of the car works as normal.

There is other things going on but thats the simple version.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yes all the ecu's sensors are still being used for spark control when on lpg and idle speed control

jared_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN exec S1
Same thing used to happen in my mums car. When i first got my P's I thought it would be fun to run the gutter and take it for a spin on an oval. After 5 minutes of fun and a lot of coolant spilling out, it turned out to be a leak in a connection on the front of the converter. Once i gave it a trashing im guessing the pressure got too much for it and caused it to just snap on the elbow coming straight out of the converter. Not a very happy dad when he came to the rescue (turned out the heater tap also had it and we had to bypass the gas and run the car on petrol for a few weeks.). all i can say is check for loose connections and don't let it get to the stage mum's did. Also if it does turn out be become a big problem, just get a whole new gas system installed. Find the right people and you could get it for around $200 with the $2000 rebate. Good luck.

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
thanks all found the problem it was a air leak on the throttle body adapter must have come lose when it backfired i idled it up a bit to its running ok but im sure the last person that owned it never got a gas tune so its time to get one of them soon to thanks all

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
problem started again yesterday of all days (everything closed ) lucky i have the parts on the race car it seems that one of the coils was dieing a slow death changed and fixed running sweet now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: